incredibly picky eater...=(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiah

Reaction score
i have a v-e-r-y finicky boy who won't eat any of the veggies or fruit that we offer him. he even turns up his nose at canned pumpkin, raisins, and just about everything else buns are supposed to gobble down without a second thought...even pineapple!

the only things he WILL eat are bits of banana (though i've read bananas are too high in sugar, so he only gets teeny tiny slivers once in a while), rolled oats and the occasional bit of carrot (also high in sugar and he turns his nose up at them half the time). he also just ate a dried cranberry, so maybe there's hope...though i'm not certain those would be healthy treats as there's added sugar in them. tried raisins and got another snub. :X

*sigh* what is a bun-mom to do? our little girl is typical and snarfs just about everything we put in front of her. but our boy won't...and i worry he won't get enough vitamins.

any suggestions out there besides keep trying? anybody have finicky buns who've been tempted by something unusual?

any help would be great!

Kaiah:grumpy:

Billy is the same way...so bad that I'm actually working on a video to show all of the things he WON'T eat. He's so picky that just for fun I will occasionally put something like a potato chip or a french fry in his face to see him run away. Don't worry, I'd never actually let him eat something like that! :) Although he did eat a cupcake sprinkle once that fell onto the floor...

My advice would be to stick to the basics...pellets, timothy hay, and a little of the treats that he does like. He should be getting all the nutrients he needs with those things.

And I know how it feels to have them be picky like that...I get jealous whenever I hear about other bunnies eating all these fruits and veggies and mine won't even go near them :X

Simon is a wee bit picky...he will eat his pumpkin most days for me...but when I had been trying to offer other things he wanted nothing to do with any of them except bannana of course...and I have a raspberry bush I planted and picked some leaves of that for him and he really liked them...

Good luck... :)

I had to giggle a little in reading this...not laughing at your concern, just this...

We have nine buns here...and that brings with it all SORTS of preferences, personalities, goofinesses, etc.

Take Flower, for instance...she will SNARFLE just about anything you put in front of her. EXCEPT FOR RAISINS. She couldn't give a HOOT about raisins!

Whereas...Maisie (with her little tiny 5lb body) will KNOCK YOU OVER for raisins! (In fact, she's knocked my 6ft tall husband over for them a couple times!) I've never seen a bunny nose go quite as fast as hers does when it gets a whiff of raisins, or hears me open the raisin tub (and yes, I said tub...she loves them that much, hehe!). I should get a video of it sometime...it'd make a really funny video!

Then you have Fiver...who very gently asks for everything he can possibly be offered...

Then you have Trixie, who's a bit of a snob, but will tremble at the smell of a banana or the sound of the papaya tablet container being opened.

It's very funny how buns will DIE for ANYTHING but one thing...or will snub everything, but MUST HAVE that one thing!

I really love the variety of buns we have here...they're so much fun!!!

:inlove:

Agreed MW... :)

My daughter was eating a bannana like 2 weeks ago? I always try to encourage her each fruits...she is more of a veggies girl...anyway...she was sitting on the couch and this is right after we said no more anything till we get him on track...
well Simon disagreed with that line of thought...he smelled it...ran at her, jumped up on the couch and started crawling ALL over her till he was able to steal a bite....
It would have been funny as all heck if his nails weren't tearing her up.

Even when they are clipped they still seem so sharp...

Latest posts

Back