Incisor removal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maryhall45

Reaction score
42BFFD0A-4EA0-465F-B683-612FBBD49F23.jpeg Has anyone had to have their bunny’s incisors removed? My 4 month old has misaligned front teeth and the vet cut his teeth down when he was neutered and she’ll have to do it again tomorrow. The bottom teeth are growing so fast.
If your bun has had this surgery, please tell me your stories.

I haven't but I know of others that have had it done. It is an option to consider as having to get the teeth trimmed every 4-8 weeks could be a difficulty and stressful. I would certainly consider incisor extraction.

One thing you will want to consider is that sometimes young rabbits can outgrow the problem. As they grow the problem can sometimes correct itself as the teeth move back into alignment. So I would give it another several months with sticking with regular trimmings instead, to see if this happens.

I have adopted a 7month old rabbit who had the same problem. His bottom incisors have been removed and he eats just fine (however, will need possible syringe feeding after the dental). He has one top incisor left which will need extracting too but didn't happen at the time of the bottom ones because of his anaesthetic. Keep in mind that there is a risk with the anaesthetic but it is also a risk to stress your bunny out every few weeks to get them trimmed. Like I say, my young bun is doing well after the removal of the bottom ones.

Thor had his first surgery on the 4th to remove his top 4 teeth and roots. He’s doing really well. Takes his medicine in a smushed up banana.

Latest posts

Back