Incessant Urinating/Defecating on Bed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeppyTheHare

Reaction score
So I have had Peppy and Clover together for a couple of weeks now and everything is going great. Well bonded, eating well, and almost behaving perfectly, almost.

Peppy has always been good about where he poops and pees (save one spot, our bed)and is generally quite nice and friendly to us. I've been essentially just kicking him off the bed every time he gets on it but now he seems to be teaching this behavior to the new bun Clover.

Whenever either of them gets on the bed, pooping starts IMMEDIATELY. Neither will wait more than a moment before deciding its a good idea to release not just a few scattered territorial markings, but a few scattered territorial piles. I've switched enough sheets that I'm about ready to start pulling my hair out haha

They both also will occasionally hunker down in a spot and start peeing. I figured this would change after we got Peppy neutered (leaving him less likely to spray) but alas not much has changed.

Both are fixed, Peppy the boy is seven months old, while Clover the girl is 1 1/2 years.

So I was basically wondering if you guys had any tips, similar experiences or words of wisdom to help me and my buns through this.

-Thanks! :D

Dave

i got my buns to stop doin this by flipping over the mattress ,,buying all new sheets,blankets and pillows....problem solved. no more peeing.

u have to change EVERYTHING at the same time.
dont try and keep ur pillows either...they will start peeing all over again...if u do keep any item u have to bleach it...no vinegar wont do it....ive tried everything...this is what works.trust me:)

thanks very much for the tips! I'll give it a shot and if it doesn't work out I guess I'll just have to accept that the bed is far to comfy for them to not poop on XD

Rabbits just seem to have this LOVE of peeing/pooping on your bed. There was another topic where lots of others have had the same problem (including me!). My bunny is pretty good about not peeing or pooping while I'm on the bed, but if he has access to it when he's alone, he'll definitely release.

My solution was just to barricade the bed from him -_-

Latest posts

Back