In need of bunny names

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murph72

Reaction score
Ok, I'm stuck on a few names. I sometimes can look at a bunny and see a name, but I'm drawing a blank. I wanted to get these new little ones on my webpage, but I'd like them to be named prior to that.

I have two new chocolate Holland lops. Here is a picture of the buck:

ChocolateBuck.jpg

Here is a picture of the doe:

ChocolateDoe.jpg

I also got a new Broken Chestnut doe. I keep calling her Honey Bunny and my husband hates it:

BrokenChestnutDoe.jpg

Oh, they are all cute! How old are they?

I use a baby name book for naming my rabbits... and it is always fun to watch the look of panic on hubby's face when he sees me reading it.:laugh::panic:

Denise

The chocolates are only 8 weeks old. The broken chestnut is about 5 months now.

I think it's also hard because I teach and certain names remind me of kids I've taught.

clayton, puffer, puffs, reynolds, jester, ester,
claurice, cleo, theo, bunnsie, billot, binker, blitzkrieg,
butternut, chipper, patsy, crayon, clipper, cheech,chong,
peaches, pepper, alpo, kisses, chili, chomper,hershey, skor, cadbury, iglepigle, lyla.. i dont know just random names lol

^^^ Riding on coat-tails here... Why not butternut and walnut for the chocolates?

I still like honey-bunny for the broken, but I also like the name Marigold...
You ought to look up "names for pairs" :)

There is a pet name finder online, too.

I used baby names that were not likely to be people I knew... Belle, Torianne, Kimber...and my favorite - the sprayer of judges - my Magellan.

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
Oh, they are all cute! How old are they?

I use a baby name book for naming my rabbits... and it is always fun to watch the look of panic on hubby's face when he sees me reading it.:laugh::panic:

Denise
ROFL that's great.

My hubby like Maximus, or Max, for the boy...but I think that's only because he likes the movie Gladiator. He wanted me to name the girl the same name as the main female character in the film...but as I remember she had a really weird name. :) I'd probably forget it.

I'd like to have names that went together for the pair of chocolates since they were bought with the intention of them becoming a breeding pair. Oh, I can't wait for little chocolate babies!

Since they are Holland Lops they could use some dutch names:

• Sven - buck
  • Tess - first doe
  • Tara - broken doe

I need bunny names too! for a grey dwarf lop doe...

she has been 'midnight' for the first 7 months of her life. but she is grey so I don't like that name. a black rabbit could be called midnight but not a grey rabbit, in my opinion.

I always give my rabbits names after my favorite bands, songs or characters in games and movies and books etc. I name my angora Harlan after a security gaurd in a Nancy Drew computer game! lol I named one Percy after Ron's brother in Harry Potter. :) Bands/songs = Brand New (Brandy), Morrissey, Tommy Gun & Saves the Day (Savvy). I also had a rabbit named Hamlet after the play...and there is Emo and Eskimo...and Nixie & Lance. Plus I had Mikel, Queen, Destin, Ashes, and Fig... you could borrow any of those too. lol

Back