In Heat or PREGNANT??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianC

Reaction score
Elmer isa nearly6 month olddutch doe. (Don't ask why SHE is called Elmer...it's a longstory I put in another post) :)

She had 6 babies roughly 5 weeks ago.

She has nearly weaned them.

While she was pregnant with them, she displayed the following symptoms:

a. Pig

b. Pull at the carpet

c. Chew the walls and tear up things

d. Droppings were mushy instead of hard

e. Her uring would leak in small spirts

f. She would stay between your legs all the time when you walked

-- Suddenly, she is displaying the same signs written above AGAIN!

Questions:

1. Here's my dilema. Is she just in heat again, or is she actually pregnant?

2. When does a baby buck become leathal? (leathal is my term for when he can impregnant a doe) :)

The baby bucks are only 5 weeks, and I've heard conflicting info onwhen they become "equipt to deliver" per-se. I just want toknow FOR SURE that Elmer isn't pregnant again, and when I need toseperate these little baby bunnies so they don't get each otherpregnant.

Hi Brian,

*laughs* They become lethal at 12 weeks. At 8weeks, they'll start to show signs of breeding behaviors,territorializing their areas, and aggression in some cases, so you haveto be careful of them beating up on the others.

Has she been in contact with another buck? DaisyNBuster had abunny get pregnant the night she gave birth to her litter.4.5 weeks later, more babies arrived. She could be having afalse pregnancy if she hasn't had contact with a buck.

Do you feel any 'marbles' in her belly?

-Carolyn

Thanks for the good information,Carolyn. She has not had contact with any bucks.Just her babies, and at 5 weeks they shouldn't be lethal.That's good to know. Guess it's just her "in heat" behavior?

- Brian C.

Back