Important: Please Do No Use Frontline On Bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osprey

Reaction score
While reviewing the web server logs for The Rabbit Haven, I came across a bunch of traffic to our Frontline article. I found out why. This post came from a Ferret board, posted by someone who has ferrets and rabbits:

I just had an awful experience with my lionhead bunnies. I normally use advantage on them, but was out and I use frontline on my ferrets and dogs and cats, so I decided to give frontline to the bunnies.

48 hours later, one of my does dropped dead, one isn't eating, or drinking and my buck is having seizures......

Please read this, and make sure not to miss the line "frontline should never be used on bunnies or ANY OTHER EXOTIC ANIMAL": I will no longer use frontline on my ferrets
either.

http://www.therabbithaven.org/newsfrontline.htm

OMG! Why would you put a chemical on an animal without checking to make sure it is safe!?! There are a number of good sites out there that tell you how to treat fleas on rabbits, and all the ones I have seen say Frontline is dangerous. All it takes is a Google search.

:sad:

Yeah, please check real rabbit sites and forums and talk to people who have actually used a product and get opinions from many people.

Poor buns :(

Latest posts

Back