I'm the only person who can clean our rabbit's pen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Space Monkey

Reaction score
Our Mini Satin, Freya, will be a year old next month! We've had her for 8 months now. She's such a sweet, gentle, loving girl.

With one exception.

DO NOT pick up her poop or touch her litter box. Only I can do that. She becomes a different rabbit all together. She will growl, nip, and sit in the litter box to guard it. She seems to get most angry at my 14 year old son when he tries to clean up after her. Only I can clean up her droppings and take her litter box for cleaning and freshening. Heck, she'll even do the dead bunny flop at my feet when doing so or run circles around me while doing binkies. She's entirely unbothered by me taking her box.

Why does she do this?

Sounds like she see you as her "bondmate." Anyone else is 'intruding' on your/her territory.

Some rabbits, moreso females, can be what has been labeled "cage aggressive." This just means they are particularly territorial about their immediate cage space. Owners of such rabbits have to reserve cage cleaning to times when the rabbit is out roaming and not in their cage.

I guess you're lucky in that she considers you to be part of her inner circle, so to speak. 😄

(By any chance is she still intact? )

Back