I'm sure my Craigs List posting will get flagged

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is again:

[size=-1]I adopted your rabbit - My pit bull loves him(MORE THAN YOU EVER DID)[/size]

Without a picture posted to see the conditions you kept your "pet" in I fell in love with the description of him. We spoke back and forth and even talked on the phone.

When I got to your house to pick him up you had an emergency run to make (so your note said) but the rabbit was in the garage for me to take, along with his cage.

I'll assume this was the rabbit and cage:

Photos485.jpg

I noticed the cage was full of urine. I assume the rabbit, therefore, was not.

You said this rabbit was beat up by your other rabbit. My vet thinks his condition is due moreso to malnourishment and filthy living conditions. But then, what does a vet know, right?

Photos486.jpg

I know you hesitated to rehome him to a house with a dog. After seeing the conditions you had him living in I don't see why. I wonder what you would have thought had you known my dog is a Pit Bull though.

Photos493.jpg

Do you really think the rabbit would have been better off staying with you?

Photos487.jpg

Somehow, I think not.

I wasn't going to post these pictures for everyone to see, and yes I had a camera with me when I went to pick him up. My camera is always in my car. Very fortunant in this instance I do believe considering your email address is now invalid.

All I can say is adopter beware of people posting animals in need. I would not hesitate to take this boy again, if the same circumstances were to arise - but his medical care and costs will be extensive as he heads towards recovery. His well being IS worth every penny just to rectify his lifestyle and former living conditions but what he has had to deal with before landing with me is totally uncalled for!

GOOD FOR YOU!

My heart aches everytime I see those pictures of Stitch. My family fell in love with him and the puppy! Mom said that was the cutest pair ever! and couldn't believe what I told her about Stitch's life.

I think people like that should NEVER be allowed to own pets again.

oh my goodness, just in those pics he looks dehydrated and i bet you could feel every single rib. i see a second cage, was there a bun is it as well? and did they appear to be in the same condition? that's terrible..

I worry about that other bunner as well.

Again, I have tears in my eyes over those pics. I love that little guy. Ya know, you keep getting these bunners that I fall in love with! How's Genelle btw?

Oh my GOD! That poor bunny. You know people like this make me so mad.
I was in bed all yesterday with fever, really sore throat and fully fledged flu and all I could think about was that I needed to change the guinea pigs cages, and litter trays and that munchkin had a dirty bum that needed bathing.

I got my brother to get me medication - filled myself full of it, and got up to make sure my buns / guinea pigs were ok.

I love them and worry about them more than I do myself.

I'm so glad he is with you now and getting loved properly, and cared for. I am disgusted your message ws removed off craigs list - it should be allowed to say the truth of bunnies conditions.

Back