I'm such a bad mama, guys...Hobbes still not well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think he'll come home so much happier than when we got there. Poor sweetheart...I love him so much, he's my baby...I hate thinking he's not doing well, or is all upset that we left him in that "horrid place", people poking and prodding him. He looked so sad as I walked away, but I knew it was the best thing for him...

And I think so, too, about the fluids doing him a lot of good. Especially if it's a bladder infection...it'll help flush out all the yucky bacteria. :)

I'm so glad we caught it early, and I didn't wait until Monday to take him in...and thank the Lord we have an emergency vet nearby that does decent prices!! The visit itself was $85, the fluids $25, and the uring testing brought it to just under $200. :)

And the wait continues...and more reassurances to Sunny (and to myself) that he's gonna be just fine.

Oh, and P.S....I don't think you could ever convince me to give up custody, Girl! These are my kids! :D Nice try, though...gotta commend you for tryin'. :D

Edited to add: Thank you for the article...I'm printing it out now to keep on-hand, and to read tonight. :)

Can't blame a girl for trying.....
56.35170.jpg

I'll be waiting to hear good news.

I will definitely let you know how things go, just as soon as I hear...

Off to snuggle with Sunny and keep her calm and okay...she's sleeping next to the blankie Hobbes peed on earlier (his favorite blankie...any cat that sleeps next to her brother's pee smell, you KNOW they're missing Brother...). Poor sweetie...:(

Cute pic, btw. :)

Called the vet about ten minutes ago to ask how he was doing. They've given him the fluids, and were just about to try getting a urine sample again...as they hadn't been able to get one from him yet (they've been trying).

Keep praying...I want my boy home, and so does his sister...she's worried, but I'm giving her favorite belly rubs, so she's keeping calm. :)

Yikes, missed this! So sorry! Poor Hobbes,butgreat for catching it right away! :hug:

I've got a grossly overweight cat with urinary crystals, allergies (fish and something else still not ID'd) and stress reactions.

It took a ton of experimenting to find the triggers.

I had her under control until the last few months when her timidmom got sick, I have to try and keep mom's weight up and enticing her with food she likes, and it's VERY hard to keep her very pushydaughter from barging in and eating it. (If you lock mom up with the food, she won't eat, and she's a 'picker',takes her hours to eat her dinner).

Here's hoping for an easy fix for Hobbes!

sas :pink iris:

That's so true, SeniorCats...I know Sunny's seen me crying off and on all day, and knows I'm worried...so I think we're helping each other through this.

Thank you, Sas...it's nice to know I'm not alone with kitty troubles (even though I hate that others go through it, too).

Another update: Danny just called again. Seems they got Hobbes into the room, and onto the table, but didn't get to him fast enough to CATCH the urine. Poor guy was so scared, he urinated ALL over the table and one of the guys...:( So, they're giving him more fluids and they said they would catch his urine while he's still in the carrier this time. Poor baby...he's peed while scared in the past before, so I'm not surprised...:(

They said they would just call us when they've got success with this...and not to worry. My poor baby boy...:(

I know it's painful and annoying and hard but...couldn't they give him a cathader for the pee? Finishes things faster at least.

I honestly don't know how they're trying to get his urine. I think they might try it that way this time around, though...or definitely the next time, if they still have trouble the second time.

Gosh, I feel so dead inside, waiting to hear about my baby...and I don't even know if they'll be able to give him meds TONIGHT, or if we have to wait until the test results come back...:( I hope they find it out tonight, so we can get him started toward healing.

Also, if the test results take more than just tonight, we'll have a whole other day of him peeing ALL over the house...:( And I feel so horrible, because he feels like he's going to get in trouble for it...all day today he hid under the bed, except to come out to eat now and then, and pee wherever was closest...

Poor sweetie...:(

It's now 2am, still no word...I just want my baby home, but Danny's now too tired to drive and pick him up (he's always wiped out Friday nights from working all week), so he'll just have to stay the night.

*sigh*...I don't know if I'll be able to sleep...

Stressing yoruself won't help the situation. Remind yourself that yes,you want him home, but he is in a good place where they are going to get him on the mend. You need to sleep to help you cope emotionally with this.

Just called again to ask on his status...the guy said they've been busy with emergencies and haven't been able to pull a urine sample...but he would handle it just as soon as he could...and did we want to leave him overnight. I said okay, after making sure we wouldn't be charged extra for it...but I'll be worried all night long. He's all scared, and I promised him he could come right home...and Mama's not there...

I feel HORRIBLE...the last time I had a kitty have to stay at the vet's for any length of time, she was my heart kitty, and she passed away while there...and I know it sounds silly, but I'm so afraid my baby won't make it back home again. I know I'm just linking two entirely different things, but I can't help but think he won't sleep and will be crying all night...he yowls the WHOLE TIME he's in his carrier...and in the car...and I worry that he'll be doing that all night long there. Why didn't I take his favorite blankie, or one of my shirts? He's all alone, guys...I feel like such a horrible Mommy...

You are not horrible. You thought he would be home the same night. He is in great hands. He knows his family loves him. You caught it early so that proves what a wonderful mommy you are.

My family dog Sandy (the chi) has her anal glands expressed every so often. My mom learned to do it herself.:vomit:

Oh, poor Hobbes...:( It's no fun being sick! Rosie, you're doing all you can for him, and I know it's hard to leave him at the vet's overnight, but he's in great hands, and they will take care of him and find out what's wrong. Urinary issues with cats can be quite common, and most are easy to fix as well. Once they get a diagnosis he'll be treated and will be back to being Mr. Hobbes once again.

Big hugs for Hobbes and you ((:)hug2:)))

My cat is 4 and has had urinary problems since he was 6 mths old. The vet told me it is very common in netured males.1 1/2 years ago my friend who has had these problems with 2 of her netured males told me to stop feeding him dry cat food and to only feed him wet with some extra water mixed in it. So I did. My cat has not any trouble in a year now. He gets wet cat food and tuna for a treat.

That's what I was thinking - that's how they got Tank's. Once they catheterized him a few times - it cleared his bladder out and got the sludge and crystals (stones).

cathader for the pee? Finishes things faster at least.[/quote]

*sigh*

So here I am, 9:15am. Danny left on errands that HAVE to be run today (things for Teeny, including three carriers I found on CL for $50). I was going to get my nails done today, but all I can think of is my baby boy getting home. It was so hard sleeping without him last night...I cried myself to sleep. I just feel awful that I promised him we would be coming right back, and it was only a short while that he had to stay there. He didn't have ANYTHING, not his blankie, not a shirt of mine, not even his food...I feel horrible...he must think I've abandoned him.

This is the first time in about eleven years I've had to have an animal stay overnight, and it was so hard on me. I kept reading reviews of the place, mostly good, but some bad, including one where the kitty died while there (the kitty was diabetic, so I'm sure it was something along the lines of the human just not knowing how bad it was, or something along those lines...not that it makes her mourning any better). I have the vanilla prepared to give him a dot on the back of the neck, so Sunny doesn't decide he's not Hobbes and try to fight with him (as she did with his neuter and her spay...the only other two times either has had to go to the vet...poor guy, that's all he needs. (A dot of natural vanilla on the back of the neck neutralizes smells on the kitty. I'll have to do vanilla on both kitties to neutralize both their smells, so they have to go by sight, and not the fact that my sweet boy will unfortunately, inevitably bring home the smells of other cats AND dogs.)

Sunny slept with me all night, laying on my legs, and every now and then (every could hours, I'd estimate) she would come up by my head and mew, looking for Hobbes, asking me where he was, and then asking for a little love and reassurance. She's so sweet and patient.

Boy, I didn't think we'd be going through this today...wish me luck in getting a little more sleep. Danny said he would call just as soon as he got word on our boy...

Keep prayers going...

Rosie,

You pay so much attention to your pets that I highly doubt anything treatable would be missed by you. I know about your heart kitty and I understand the fear. But know that you caught it so early that Hobbes will come home to you feeling better and being back to his normal silly self.

I know I'm not in a position to give advice. So I won't. But I want you to know that I am thinking of you and your boy and praying you will have him home by your side in no time.

Latest posts

Back