I'm so unhappy ... * sniff *

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Dootsmom that it's not terriblyexpensive to care for a second rabbit. Would you be willingto try or at least take it until you can get it to an HRS location?

If you email me a feedstore near you, I'll call them and purchase a bag of feed for you to go pick up.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
dootsmom wrote:
My GoodnessCarolyn!!! It sounds like my house! I have the rabbits go out into theyard in shifts! My next project is to make runs in the back yard forthem. They require lots of work and lots of time. I wonder if themakers of the Shop-Vac will ever make one that can be hung over theshoulder?! Charlotte

*Laughs*

I often think of you and your set-up, Charlotte!

Pepper, what about a no-kill shelter? Anything's better forthe little one than that. Perhaps you can contactthe House Rabbit Society in your area of locations near you.

-Carolyn
Hi! Carolyn

I have told my Aunt before to give the rabbit away and she's worriedabout not giving it a good home. My Aunt should wake up andsmell the coffeethat the rabbit is in a bad home.She alsoknows the reason, Why I don't take the rabbit,because of the moneysituation. I will keep you posted on this situation.I'm hoping ourmoney situation changes for the better,so I can take therabbit and that way he would have a life of luxury,just like Pepper.

Pepper, I would explain your money situation withyour Aunt and ask if she, and the other family members that areinvolved with this rabbit, could help you so that you Can take therabbit. Charlotte

Buying feed from a feed store in bulk drasticallyreduces costs, as opposed to buying feed from a pet store. AsCharlotte indicated, feeding two most likely would cost you no morethan feeding one. The cage will be given to you. Isthere any question as to what you should do?

If you don't WANT to do it, that is another issue. Logically,economics should not be a determinate factor in your circumstances, Ibelieve.

Buck

dootsmom wrote:
Pepper, I would explain your money situation with your Auntand ask if she, and the other family members that are involved withthis rabbit, could help you so that you Can take the rabbit.Charlotte
My Aunt already knows about our money situation andthe other family members involved with this rabbit.I think their moneysituation is worse off. My Aunt has a total of 4 adults and 5 kidsliving under her roof,in a 2 bedroom rented house and the rent is only$250.00 a month,doesn't that tell you something about their moneysituation.Where I live it's just myself and my husband in a 2 bedroomrented duplex.Of course we have our little Pepper.

Buck Jones wrote:
Buying feed from a feed store in bulk drastically reducescosts, as opposed to buying feed from a pet store. AsCharlotte indicated, feeding two most likely would cost you no morethan feeding one. The cage will be given to you. Isthere any question as to what you should do?

If you don't WANT to do it, that is another issue. Logically,economics should not be a determinate factor in your circumstances, Ibelieve.

Buck
I already know it doesn't cost that much to feed arabbit,we would like to take my Aunt's rabbit,but their areother issues we are concerned about at this time.

pepper- i believe i just read that carolyn said shed purchase a bag of feed for you to pick up.

all and all, even though it might cause a little upsetness, why notjust take the bunny then take it to a shelter that same day/ or nextday? may upset the aunt a little, but youll be helping the little bunnyalot thats for sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------

shermans mommy- i hear you on wanting another rabbit. i love my littlegizmo so much it makes me want another one. but ive decided to wait. ithink thid little girl i have now deserves all my love and attention.and when shes gone ( :() i will get another bunny for us.most likely a flemish giant.

phx_punk_girl wrote:
shermans mommy- i hear you on wanting another rabbit. i lovemy little gizmo so much it makes me want another one. but ive decidedto wait. i think thid little girl i have now deserves all my love andattention. and when shes gone ( :( ) i will get another bunny for us.most likely a flemish giant.
Yes, I've decided to wait. My little one is sospoiled that if I got another I don't think that he would understand myattention being divided (although he'd probably transfer all of hisattention to the new bunny if they bonded :?).

Back