I'm so unhappy ... * sniff *

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
After "spending the day" at Tucker Town Iwant more than ever to adopt another bun... Then to add insult to injury, Sherman's brother is available foradoption. I want him sobad!!! ... But I know it's no need to even THINK about bringinganother bun here, ESPECIALLY a male ...

Oh, man! Oh,man.

Let me tell you a thing or two about Tucker Town.

Everyone has to come out in shifts. Everyone has different dietrequirements, and everyone has different ways of finding trouble andmarking their turf.

I ask you: Do you think Sherman can handle that?????

-Carolyn

Well, Carolyn is considering taking Calbert, inaddition to Fauna, but I think her intention is to bond none of themtogether. In that manner, I believe one doesn't lose verymuch attention from each bun, and you circumvent the aggression issueby not permitting them to be loose together at any one given time.

Double your cleaning and maintenance chores with two individually cagedrabbits, though, which is not the case with a bonded pair.

I do miss our bunch already, but am comforted in the fact that Faunahas made so much progress under Carolyn's care. I swear,she's a bunny whisperer!

Buck

Carolyn,

I think the more appropriate question is: BunnyMommy, do you have enough treats? I mean, she is a confessed treataholic!

*laughs* to MyBunnyBoys!

So true!

Buck's post is most valid about the work involved. (Thanks for thecompliment, Buck. Not sure it's true, but I appreciate the thought.)

All personalities have to be accounted for.

Jealousy creates quite a juggling act.

-Carolyn

BunnyMommy, I have to agree. Athena and Apolloeach had to have seperate time out. I would let one out for two hours& then cage them. Then take the other one out for two hours,cage that one and start the whole process again. Two cages to clean,two ofeverything to clean. If you could find a bunn to bondto Sherman is one thing but two seperate bunns is alot more work.

Sweetie, my heart goes out to you. I know how bad you want anotherbunn. I hope things work out for you and Sherman and BunnyDaddy.

Tina

I know how it is BM. I wanted 2 so bad, and Ihave them. Since they've had to be separated, and we have 2 outsideruns, it's not so bad! But even then, it's still a lot of work and timeconsuming.

Bunnymommy, Don't know if you've already thoughtabout this, but if Sherman is already neutered, you might want to thinkof adopting a female that's already spayed. A lot of rabbit adoptionorganizations allow rabbits to meet before the actual adoption to seehow they get along. Before I got Mella, I looked into adopting from ourlocal HRS chapter. In my case it didn't work out because Mella stole myheart before I could even meet another bun. I know that the HRS chapteraround here often has several rabbits up for adoption and it can bearranged so that Sherman can meet a few bachelorettes at a time to seewho he bonds with. There is such a thing as love at first sight withrabbits. :)

Sorry to go on so long, but one more thing to think about is thatduring the introduction/bonding process there's a chance Sherman willbe dominated by the other bunny. It sounds funny, but it can make youfeel very protective of your rabbit. You hate to see your little princeput in his place by a "stranger" rabbit. In my case Pauly was incharge, and he and Mella are very bonded. There are times that I getannoyed with Pauly for pushing Mella around. It sounds so silly, butwatching the dominance thing play out can be nerve racking.

Hey, Sarah! Actually I adoptedSherman from HRS!!! :D I simply love thatorganization! After the incident with my two nephews a coupleof weeks ago I don't think that Sherman will even be open to bondingwith a female bun, although I've considered at least letting him "date"some of the HRS buns to see how it goes.

You make a good point about me being :Xhot:X with another bunnywho might try to dominate Sherman. I've got to admit that I'man overprotective bunny mommy at times! In my mind, my sweet"baby" will always be the now and future king! :)

I had two buns, I HAD to get asecond one because Bugsy was my first bun, and his temperment is sogood.

He is cuddly doesn't chew on anything, Litters inhis litterbox, roams the house freely like a cat. Comes whenwe call him.And will even play with thechildren.just to mention a few of hischarming traits :)

Roxy on the other hand was a free spirit. Shechewed on everything in sight, wouldn't let the kids near her (ranaway) and had to be cornered to pick her up (Except ofcourse, by me only) :(

We ended up having to give Roxy away. The two were just toodifferent. Although I cried for days. Iknow that an outdoor home was the best sort of accomadation forher. When we first got her I fell in love with her long ears(Bugsy's are tiny dwarf-like) her sad eyes. And Bugs reallyseemed to take to her if you know what I mean. But chasingafter 4 children and two bunnies (Especially a high need bun like Roxy)was impossible for me to do. +++ twice the food, litter andcleaning.

Keep in mind that you hit the jackpot with a charmer likeSherman. His brother may not be cut from the samemold. (You should see how different my brother and I are -- Icaused alot of grey hairs)

I hope you have better luck than me. First impressions arelasting ones, But sometimes shield you from thetruth.

------------------ kim

I know how you feel i wanted to adopt anotherhorse but its not financely possible, and talk about work.Im notlooking at the ones for adoption i just want to get more.bluebird

I know how you're feeling BunnyMommy! I just hadthis sudden urge to go to the animal shelter and adopt a bonded pair offemales over the age of 1 just so I could have 2 more! I got the ideato bring it up this morning when my parents were downstairs talkingabout how much rabbit pellets I have left (a lot) and I suggested thatI would go through more if they allowed me to adopt 2 more. Of course,they shut that idea down, but it was worth a try! I would love to havea house full (or yard full) of rabbits or any animal in general.

CAROLYN!!!! YOU DIDNT TELL ME YOU HAD A NEWBUNNY! whats it like howz tucker coping??!! I CANT BELEIVE YOU DIDNTMENTION IT YOU BUNNY WHISPERER!! And your getting another one?!! Wellall I can say is watch out cos otherwise you will end up with millionsand then you might actually turn into a rabbit cos you love them somuch and spend so much time with them. And then maybe your'l turn intoa carrot!

Hello! everyone

I need some advice on something.I have a Aunt who wants to give me arabbit,it is her daughter's rabbit and she has 5 kids thatdon't treat it good,at one time my Aunt was telling me thatone of her grandkids might have broke one of the rabbits legs,but isn'tsure,they didn't take it to the vet.I asked my aunt about the rabbit'sleg and She said he's hopping around good now.They don't really know ifthe leg was broken or not,or if it was just injured and it healed onit's own. My Aunt lives in a 2 bedroom house with her husband,herdaughter that moved back in with her,with her 5 kids and she also, hasa husband.That is 4 adults and 5 kids,to a 2 bedroom house.Recently,therabbit has gone over to my other cousin's house(My Aunt'sson)but,according to my Aunt she's telling me her son doesn't take careof the rabbit,he doesn't feed it. I feel so bad for thisrabbit. My Aunt has begged me to take this rabbit.That rabbit has it'sown cage,so if I did take the rabbit We would have it in hisown cage seperate from Pepper who has his own cage.The problem is I'mstrapped on money and can't afford another rabbit. I really feel so badfor that rabbit:(So does anybody have advice on thissituation.

My Goodness Carolyn!!! It sounds like my house! Ihave the rabbits go out into the yard in shifts! My next project is tomake runs in the back yard for them. They require lots of work and lotsof time. I wonder if the makers of the Shop-Vac will ever make one thatcan be hung over the shoulder?! Charlotte

dootsmom wrote:
MyGoodness Carolyn!!! It sounds like my house! I have the rabbits go outinto the yard in shifts! My next project is to make runs in the backyard for them. They require lots of work and lots of time. I wonder ifthe makers of the Shop-Vac will ever make one that can be hung over theshoulder?! Charlotte

*Laughs*

I often think of you and your set-up, Charlotte!

Pepper,

What about a no-kill shelter? Anything's better for thelittle one than that. Perhaps you can contact theHouse Rabbit Society in your area of locations near you.

Loz,

Read the post entitled "Tucker Town, USA" written by me on this page orthe next page. You'll be filled in after you read it.

-Carolyn

Pepper, Feeding 2 rabbits is not as expensive asyou may think. Poor Pepper will just have to share his "banana"! Themain thing is to remove that rabbit from the situation it is in.Contact your local/nearest HRS to see if they can either take it or,for a Vet that will spay/neuter at a reasonable price. Ask around,perhaps you have a friend that would love to have him/her. You shouldalso do a seperate Post, offering it for adoption. Charlotte

Back