I'm so glad I adopted her :3 she makes my life better!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowflakesmama

Reaction score
snowflakeyay.jpg
[/URL]

So I was @ a shopping center almost 3 months ago and saw a PetsMart. I felt something inside me tell me to go inside. (Later I realize it was God telling me to do so) And where the cat adoptions are (poor kitties), I saw this beautiful bun for adoption! I fell in love with her instantly .. I didn't take her that day. I thought about it overnight. But I took her home the next day, not knowing much about rabbits except what to feed em.. (Not a good decision for most people to adopt without doing their research). But afterwards I did my research, and I AM NOW A RABBIT ENTHUSIAST! THIS WORKED OUT GREAT!! She is so funny, adorable, cuddly, and a character. I love her as if she is my child

I am also spaying her this Monday! I plan to have her for as long as she lives :3

Oh. Her name is Snowflake . She is teeny tiny like a dwarf hotot & weights less than 5 lbs. All white, lil grey ears and a small grey spot on her back. <3

Congrats on your baby. She is lovely :) I tell people that my bunnies found me. I was not a bunny person at all when I rescued Fraggles. But she needed me so I took her home not knowing a thing. Muppet came to us after a neighbor abandoned her in a box on our door step. Your baby is a doll :)

Hi welcome to RO.

Snowflake is Lovely. She's just so adorable.

Glad your doing research on Bunnies. Their is so much to learn about the sweet little animals.

Looking forward to more pictures and stories about Snowflake.

Susan

Welcome to the Forum

Beautiful little girl. Congratulations!

Look forward to chatting about all our favorite subject...rabbits.

K :)

Welcome! You story sounds very similar to ours! We were not bunny people at all... And really knew nothing! We went out with plans of dinner and a movie and it turn into dinner and a bunny :) but ut cookie has changed our life some much for the better. We love him so much!

Your snowflake is SO precious! Congrats!

Awww, congrats!! Snowflake is darling. I'm glad she's such a good fit for you and that she makes your life better. My bunnies do, too! My bunnies are definitely one of the biggest sources of joy for me :D

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

She is beautiful. Yep, rabbits can be addictive, I started with one and now have 15.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

by the way.. is my bun a dwarf hotot? she is small like one, has tiny ears, and her eyes are almost identical as them except they don't look like they were colored with eyeliner (hotots have the black around their eyes)

Hi Snow! You sure are a cute one ;)

We say that our boys (Douglas and Benjamin) rescued us. They were both sheltered and we were lucky enough for them to want to come home with us. Now we are one big happy family with bunny luv all around.

Only bunny ppl understand this special bond. :bunnysuit:

snowflakesmama wrote:
by the way.. is my bun a dwarf hotot? she is small like one, has tiny ears, and her eyes are almost identical as them except they don't look like they were colored with eyeliner (hotots have the black around their eyes)
First off, welcome to RO! I'm the moderator for the Camera Corner forum here, if you ever have any questions about cameras or photography.

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure the eyeliner is the defining feature of Hotots. This is a Dwarf Hotot:

7648_241025_560000004.jpg

Given the size and the ears, I'd guess Netherland Dwarf or Polish (I never can tell the difference between them). I couldn't find any pictures of red-eyed-white Netherland Dwarfs in the pictures I have here - I'm sure I've got some somewhere - but color doesn't define that breed. ND's come in many variations - you can get an idea of the general shape of an ND from these pictures:

7648_241025_550000000.jpg

7648_241025_560000001.jpg

Here are two pictures of Polish rabbits:

7648_241025_560000003.jpg

7648_241025_560000002.jpg

I sort of "fell into" rabbit ownership as well. My son walked in one day with a tiny, soft, grey bundle of fur, dropped him on my lap and announced we now had a rabbit named "Scone". Very quickly, Scone decided I was his human, and I was captured by his personality and intelligence. We had nearly eight years together before he passed away in June 2010, and two months later Natasha Rabbitova came into my life, courtesy of a niece. I can't imagine being without a house bunny at this point.

MikeScone: Snowflake's eyes are brown :p
Maybe they look red in the picture because of the lighting :p

R.I.P Scone. Congrats on your newest bun Natasha c:

Back