I'm so excited

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymaker64

Reaction score
When my son rescued our 2 buns of the street (A stupid woman threw them out) I didn't have anything to put them in. I managed to get 2 hutches (very small) :X that someone was throwing out. I don't have much money as I'm recently divorced and a stay at home Mum. Anyway even though the hutches are small they were better off in there than out on the streets. I did make them a run which they used during the day. This is what they were living in. :bigtears:

100_0362.jpg

100_0363.jpg

Well I got an 8' X 6' shed that my sister was taking to the tip. I repaired and painted it and today I put vinyl down on the floor (free, my friend was chucking it:biggrin:} Then I lined the shed with wire mesh (£23 :ponder: beans on toast for us this week) and this is what they are living in now.

100_0360.jpg

I love it and so do they. The niro 3 cage that you see I bought off a car boot this morning for £5.

This is my home made hay rack. (A co-op shopping basket :hyper: with pieces cut out at the front and on top to fill it)

hayrack.jpg

In all it cost me about £48. Much less that a decent sized hutch would cost.

100_0373.jpg

That looks brilliant, its amazing what you can do on a shoestring and you couldn't have a better hutch if you tried:DI love the hayrack idea

Omg that's amazing!!!!!!!! It's like a miracle- going from that to that. They look soooo happy!
Well done! You should be on a high all year. :)

That's fabulous! You've really done a great job with your rabbits, much better than a lot of people who got their first rabbits on purpose. This just shows what you can do with limited money and a lot of ingenuity.

Congrats! :great:

Well, I started off with the 2 that my son recued but 2 weeks later she had 7 babies. Dad has been fixed now and only see's Mum under supervision (he only got fixed about 3 weeks ago) Babies are 8 weeks old and tomorrow they will be going to their new homes. I am keeping one of the babies though. Mum should be fixed next week. And I also have a Continental Giant house rabbit Stanley.

What a terrific new setup - and so creative, too! (Acquiring the parts, your hay rack, etc.) You're doing a terrific job with all of your buns. :D

Hooray for you and your buns! I agree, so creative on a shoestring budget and everything looks great! I am a firm believer in simplicity when it comes to money.. I've had wealth before and gone without. I am actually happier without ( most of the time ;) ) I LOVE your hay rack idea!
Hugs to you and your buns :)

~Sealy

Well I was dreading going in the shed this morning in case one of the buns had found a bit of vinyl or some wood to chew that I had overlooked but I was suprised that everything was tidy. There was hardly any stray poo's, the hay was still in the rack and the blankets havent been wee'd on. :biggrin2:

As soon as they got out into their run they started pooing for england. They must be house proud. :cool:

That is fantastic! Amazing what you've made, and only spending £48! It looks so cosy and nice, I bet the buns feel lucky.:D

And I love the hay rack, that's such a brilliant idea!

That's sooooooooo cool!!!! Isn't it great what you can make with stuff people trow out?!?!?

Congrats!!!!:great:

-TK

Latest posts

Back