I'm so disgusted...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heth

Reaction score
So today was another boring rainy day likenormal. So I decided to make a couple runs and one ended upbeingto the pet store that I bought Thumper from. So, Iwalked in expecting to buy hamster food and I got a shock. I walked bythe bunny cage and something caught my eye so I took another look. Fourbunnies and atleast 5 guinea pigs all in one 2 1/2 ft by 2 1/2cage, together. There was 1 bunny and 3 piggies that werereally small. So, I went and got the stuff that I needed and went toask the lady how old they were. The girl flat out told me that thebunny was 3 1/2 weeks old, and she didn't know how old the piggies werebut they didn't care. I was about to lose it in the store at thehousing situation, which I find abnormal but I only have one rabbit andshe has a palace. They must of had atleast 50 parakeets in the samesize housing unit as well. I'm so angry I just want to go up there andscream at all of them. GRRR!!!!! :mad:Since I'm still a newrabbit owner and I have learned alot from the forum, I don't want to bejumping the gun, so any advice on what to do? Anyone to contact? ShouldI take pictures? Etc...

Heather

I wouldn't take pics, unless you can do itDateline-hidden camera-style. If someone sees you take pics,they MIGHT know what you are up to...

Don't give them any warning, let them be shocked and surprised whensomeone shows up. (I'm wicked) :mad: Ihave no paitence for animal neglect or crulety!GRRrrrrrrr......

You go get em, Tiger! ;)

I cant belive that, pet shop people do not knowa thing about rabbits Grrr makes me soo angry, take pictures teach themsomething about animals lol they need to know xxx what is the pet shopcalled ?

I agree just call the ASPCA as soon as possible.

Most petstores are like that. best thing to dois buy your next pet rabbit from a breeder, or adopt from a shelter.They probably got the babies from a mill breeder type. Those guys don'tcare how old the babies are as long as they meet supply and demand, andmake their small buck.

I would try reporting them. just beware that some states dont haveregulations on how young you can sell an animal. So they might not doanything about them.

I can speak from experience now. Irescued 2 Netherland Dwarfs. They were being picked on by biggerrabbits kits, were eating pine pellets, had to stand to drink from thewater bottle, had no hsy or toys or shelter to hide in and the pelletsthey were being fed were for guinea pigs. To compound the problem theyare only 5 weeks. I told the store if I ever see this again I willreport them in a heartbeat. They only reason I didn't this time is allthe babies have new homes.

Call and report them.No baby that young should be put in those circumstances. Poor little babies.

Tina

I called the ASPCA on Monday and I haven't heardanything back yet, so I'm going to call tomorrow and find out. The petstore leaves the lights on at night and the cages are fairly close tothe windows. It's called The petsupermarket, not sure if theyare a big chain or what not, this is the only one that I have seen. Ijust want to go steal them all in the middle of the night, but parentsstrictly stated one rabbit until we find a bigger house. They alreadythink I'm crazy for having one! :cool:Could you imagine if Icame home with 4 more? ha.

It's good that youcalled the ASPCA. If you have a camera cell phone, you couldtake that in and and snap a picture real quick when no one'slooking. That is what my mom(Laura)did with the Fuzzy Lop soshe could post pictures of him. I know, it just kills me howstupid and heartless some people can be. Before we bought theFuzzy Lop, we would have to actually tell someone who workedthere to give him water!

It's good to know that there are still people like you and all the other members on this forum.

Ally

Yeah, I have a busy schedule so sometimes it'shard for me to keep up on things. I called them again today and I keptgetting transfered from one person to another and another! I wasfrustrated, it tookme the whole lunch hour just to get hungup on. So, I'll call again tomorrow. I did go in there today on the wayhome and they had seperated the piggies and bunnies. There was only 2in each cage, so maybe something happened? I have no idea, I'm justglad they aren't squished together again. :X

Me too! I'm going to try to squeeze in a phonecall tomorrow. At the end of tomorrow I'll have put in 65 hours thisweek. I'm pooped!

Heth and Tina, way to go!

I can't beleive the name of that Store. Pet Supermaket. I know it isprobably talking about pet supplies, but it makes it sound like bulkdiscount Pets! And from the description that is exactly what it was.

Jay

Good on you i to recently reported a pet shopthat was neglecting a number of animals'even though they never got backto me the shop was closed down and is now boarded up.:highfive:

Sometimes it isntfor us to know outright , itsthe end result that finally matters , Findinga reported Pet Store lockedand boarded up is a hugeindicator you were takenseriously and were not blowingsmoke to waste somones time , GoodJob Both of You ,

Heath If you get nowhere withthe ASPCA call yourlocal Agraculture Dept . sometimesthey have more time on theirhands and Rabbit care fallsinto their catagory .

Latest posts

Back