I'm not too sure about this...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethystkytten

Reaction score
My bunny is about 6 months I think and so is my chihuahua puppy..usually I keep one locked up and one roaming free and they see each other through the bars of the cage and sniff but tonight they met face er nose to nose and my dog seems to think she is a playmate! She barks at the bunny and uses her nose to push her gently and the bunny will run with her for a bit before retreating back to her cage where she will roll in her litter pan(eww) my dog will go into the bunny cage and bunny will chase her out.Is it really safe to allow them to chase each other around as long neither one gets aggressive? What happens when my bunny gets a little tired of the antics what signs should I watch for to make sure they both are safe?

Puppies are natural rough players. Even though your pup may not mean to be aggressive, she can still hurt the bunny by playing with her the way puppies do. Bunnies are relatively delicate creatures, and I would definitely not let the pup play with your bun.

That said, some bunnies are sufficiently bossy that they can tell grown cats and dogs when they've had enough of them. If your bunny appears confident and not at all scared/distressed in the presence of your pup, they may get along yet. Still, to be safe, make sure your bunny has safe places to hide where the pup cannot get to it, and always supervise them when they're let out together.

We have a one year old chihuahua and my ten year old Mimi Rex will chase him. The dog is afraid of the rabbit. The dog and rabbit get along as one of them is in there cage. The rabbit bet the dog once then the dog turned and bet the rabbit then the chase was on :duel so I don't let them get together anymore.

She seems personality wise to take everything with a grain of salt she is not scared about new things ! She goes under our couch or into her cage and chases the dog out if she follows.She is bossy enough the dog leaves her alone when she wants to be let alone she even tries to push me back so she can sneak out of her cage when I clean it in the mornings.Sometimes she even initiates the play by chasing the dog! I always supervise the two if they are out during the same time just to make sure someone doesn't get hurt

Latest posts

Back