I'm New to this site, but not new to Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueJet

Reaction score
My name is Suzanne Jette from Montreal,Quebec,Canada. I currently have 2 bunnies named Rusty and Cassie. Rusty is a cinchilla and Cassie is a mini-Rex.Rusty is 4 years old and Cassie is 5 years old. Cassie has been a healthy bunny ,but her mate Rusty has had problems with recurrent sludge since I received him from a rescue.He is now on an alternative treatment since he doesn't respond anymore to the conventional.
I have owned bunnies since 2002. My first experiences to bunny ownership were very traumatic. At that time, I didn't realize that there were specialized Vets for bunnies. I knew I had to neuter my bunny for health reasons. So that is what I did.I had brought a healthy bunny to my regular vet which I trusted, and my bunny died under anasthesia. It happened to me a second time where another bunny was killed undergoing the same procedure of neutering. The first time could have been a fluke but now a second time!! This is when I stared searching for a Vet who has more experience in treating bunnies and other exotics. I finally found a Vet in NDG,Quebec.It is the Veterinary Hospital for Birds and Exotic Animals. They knew what they were doing and were shocked with my previous experiences. I was quite hesitant in having another rabbit neutered. But they reassured me, although I was very anxious in waiting for the outcome. I love my rabbits dearly! This is why I never gave up on the species. They have brought me much joy, and also taught me allot. I have joined Bunspace and the Yahoo Group associated with the Quebec Rabbit Rescue. It is nice to share ideas with other bunny owners. When adopting a bunny, all this information should be made available to the new owners. It should be in the form of a brochure including local Vets specializing in bunnies. For me, this would have avoided much tears and grief.
So by searching on the internet, I have found this site. I am pleased to read your posts and will be willing to share more adventures with my bunnies.

This is Suzanne adding a photo of my bunnies.
13682_030928_100000000.jpg

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Your bunny's are very cute.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

I was worried too about getting my bunny fixed, most places charged about $300 to get a female fixed and about $250 for a male. I called around my area, some vets would fix bunnies but they couldn't give me any help regarding diet & behaviour - so I crossed them off my list. A work colleague of mine mentioned her vet clinic, and I called them and they do rabbits (I found out afterwards from the vet that Peaches was the first bunny that she had neutered at that particular clinic - but she reassured me with nutrition and behaviour tips as well as telling me that if I called the vet clinic and the receptionist told me that it was okay if my bunny hadn't eaten in a day and not to worry, I was to see a vet right away because of bunnies special needs - I was reassured but yeah I was worried the whole time for the operation and for the first week after it too.

Welcome to the forum SueJet! :welcome1

Glad you joined RO, and able to share your stories of your two bunnies. Whenever I see people interested in rabbits, I try to direct them to our forum.

Latest posts

Back