Im new and what breeds are my beloved bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowmo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have 3 bunnies, one a Dutch rabbit and 2 white bunnies I am not sure what they are. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20200506_085350.jpg
    20200506_085350.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200117_161841.jpg
    20200117_161841.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 15
They both have blue eyes. Banjo the second bunny had a brown ring of fur like eyeshadow around his eyes

This is piccolo my dutch bunny. Her nickname is bullet as she dashes around the garden at top speed. They free range around the garden in the day time with our chickens and cats. Also local pheasants and squirrels. Snow the lop eared bunny is very close to my cat cocobean

Attachments

• 20200112_160955.jpg
    20200112_160955.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200414_093322.jpg
    20200414_093322.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 11
Not an English Spot. Those are "broken" markings which are too often attributed to an English Spot. An English Spot is very lean like this (from ARBA site)
1589221406720.png

Here is a video made by an RO member (@woahlookitsme ) to show how many breeds can have similar markings:

This is piccolo my dutch bunny. Her nickname is bullet as she dashes around the garden at top speed. They free range around the garden in the day time with our chickens and cats. Also local pheasants and squirrels. Snow the lop eared bunny is very close to my cat cocobean
You said your rabbits free roam with chickens? I would be careful with that. I'm not sure how long you've had them free roaming with chickens. Chickens have a very nasty habit of loving to peck animals eyes. Chickens are actually very disturbing sometimes. I've had chickens since I was five. Many MANY chickens 😂 . When I give Bunster her time outside, I have to make sure she is far away from the chickens. Chickens will even kill chicks and baby birds by pecking them on the head. It's their way of putting them in their place. There is literally something called "the pecking order" where chickens practically find their place. The bigger, better chickens will peck the other chickens to tell them that they are better. So, when there is a 'weak' chicken (or a chick or another creature) they can get pecked, even to death every once in a while! When we transfer chicks to our big chicken coop, we have to be very careful with transferring them or they will easily become outcasts or be killed. So anyway i'd just be careful. Some chickens are incredibly sweet though and would be social with a rabbit.

I still cant work out what he is. I suppose he could be a mixed breed. He is very friendly and outgoing.
You said your rabbits free roam with chickens? I would be careful with that. I'm not sure how long you've had them free roaming with chickens. Chickens have a very nasty habit of loving to peck animals eyes. Chickens are actually very disturbing sometimes. I've had chickens since I was five. Many MANY chickens 😂 . When I give Bunster her time outside, I have to make sure she is far away from the chickens. Chickens will even kill chicks and baby birds by pecking them on the head. It's their way of putting them in their place. There is literally something called "the pecking order" where chickens practically find their place. The bigger, better chickens will peck the other chickens to tell them that they are better. So, when there is a 'weak' chicken (or a chick or another creature) they can get pecked, even to death every once in a while! When we transfer chicks to our big chicken coop, we have to be very careful with transferring them or they will easily become outcasts or be killed. So anyway i'd just be careful. Some chickens are incredibly sweet though and would be social with a rabbit.
I should have said they are bantams not chickens and are very gentle girls. Banjo actually puts them in their place and does not take any nonsense from anyone except Piccolo the dutch rabbit!

Attachments

• 20200112_161051.jpg
    20200112_161051.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200313_173325.jpg
    20200313_173325.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 5
Could possibly be a small Checkered Giant or a mixed breed possibly New Zealand and Checkered Giant

Latest posts

Back