I'm in a *mood* this morning - and I've had it. I'm calling the police

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaf

Reaction score
Ok, I dont know who the kids belong to. I'm NOT a parent, but I am a paramedic.

I'm sitting here going through email and out the window I see two kids (not teens) on a 4 wheeler with a husky dog tied to the side - no helmets on, no adults in sight and isn't it a school day?

They've zipped around the road several times. Ive seen the dog get tangled and dragged (until animal control closed down I was also an ACO) and one of the kids has fallen OFFthe 4 wheeler once that Ive seen.

Am I just over-reacting or is this not a safe situation for the kids or animal?

Maybe I should just shut my curtians and be done with it...

*sigh*

I think you should call the police 'cause you might feel guilty later that you didn't and something bad happened 1 of the kids or the dog. Use your instincts what did it say? This is just up your line of work if something happened.

Anyways did you call??

Iw ould call because the dog is in an unsafe situation that it can't get out of itself.

Kids are stupid. And (I don't know about you all) I skipped class all the time.

My reason for calling would definitely be the dog.

I'm a mom, and I would have called the police and then told the board about it! :shock:

Leaf, trust your gut! that's awful!

i agree.. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
tell the police. that dog might....well.... get tanged up around its neck....:nerves1
and the kids.. split head. ect....

Did you call? I definitely would have!

There are kids across our "forest" (about ten feet of buckthorn plants) that irritate the heck out of me. They run around all over the place, screaming, and their parents are never around. Not to mention Little Junior Son of a *beep* thought it would be funny to hit the other kids with a five-foot stick. I yell at them a lot. I feel like the crotchety old lady yelling, "Darn kids! Get off mah lawn!" :grumpy:

I did - I called and told the dispatcher wha I was watching. I left my name and address in case they wanted to take a complaint in person but they didn't stop at the house. Probably 10 minutes after I made the call I saw a cruiser drive by and stop them by the curve in the road. Hopefully that'll stop them from doing that again.

How old did you say the kids were? Playing around on a four-wheeler unsupervised is very dangerous. My dad let us drive his snowmobile when I was in elementary school. He was always on the back, though. When I was in late elementary/early middle school, he did let us play with the four-wheeler semi-unsupervised. Our dogs were always in the house, though. We never wore helmets, either... But we only took the darn thing into second gear (rarely third). *shrug* Parents just don't seem to care sometimes, or care too much and never let their kids get hurt. I agree with you calling, though. That could have ended in disaster.

I was nearly killed as a baby when a lawn mower hit a piece of metal and threw it towards our house. I was on the porch in a playpen.... the metal stuck in the side of the house about an inch..... It went right over my head....

We were never allowed outside when Dad mowed..... nor did we ever get to mow. My mom doesn't even want me to mow now! LOL!

I had a boyfriend with a motorcycle as a teen..... oh boy.... that didn't work! She freaked!

Needless to say - we don't have a lot of that sort of stuff around. My father inlaw does... but my kids rarely get on them.

Oh man, I'm glad you called! Where on Earth were the parents, how could they allow their kids to do something so dangerous?!:pssd:

Latest posts

Back