I'm expecting!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peeglet

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have just been to the doctors andshe has confirmed that I am in the very early stages of pregnancy. Mydue date is 11th July 2007! I am in total shock, but am very pleased.

Does anyone know if it is safe for me to continue cleaning out therabbits as I normally would, or do I need to get hubby to do it?

Love Helen X

Congrats!!!! How exciting for you :)

I don't know about bunnies, as far as I know it's only cats that cantransfer bad stuff to pregnant mommies. I'm sure someone willcome along and know the answer for sure :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!:hearts:party:

As for cleaning the rabbits you should still be ok doing that just dontuse cage cleaner products, i dont think they are that harmful to apregnant lady but you never know. You should be able to clean yourlittle bunnys out for a while...... mind you when you well into yourpregnancy you probably wont feel like doing it :D

Take it easy..... you have the perfect excuse to relax :bath:

Yet again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons:

As far as I know, cleaning up the rabbit cage is okay for pregnant women.

Not cleaning the litter box while pregnant is because of the risk oftoxoplasmosis caused by toxoplasma in the kitty poop. Rabbitsdo not carry the toxoplasma.

But it's always a good excuse to get your partner to do more around the house....

And I always use white vinegar to clean the bunny cages, which is non toxic.

--Dawn

Congratulations Helen and hubby!!!! :D

cheryl

Strains of toxoplasmosis have been confirmed in rabbits and identified as a potential source of infection to humans.

I would not be overly concerned if good sanitation isfollowed. I've handled thousands of rabbits through mypregnancies (as well as many other animals).:) Theonly primary concern was that I could not handle certain animalmedications that could be potentiallyharmful during pregnancy.

Pam

Congratulations to you, Helen! Isn't that just the best surprise you could ask for? :jumpforjoy:

May you enjoy a wonderful, easy pregnancy....and here's to you becoming a future mommy!

:angelandbunny:

Latest posts

Back