I'm Driving

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
Ok so anyone thats knows me knows I am have been trying to get my permit for months. Well guess what I got it. I drove for about the last hour. I am so excited.

So sososososososo excited.

I know lame any advice!!!

I finally got my driver license 3 years ago. I'm 27 so I waited a LONG time. I regret waiting as its soooooooo much better being able to drive.

My advice is practice a LOT.I was realyl scared of driving so I practiced pretty much every day around my neighborhood. Then I would drive for little errands(get gas, pick up milk. Then after I felt confident I would attempt the busy roads.

Also take the drivers ed class. It helps a lot and i found it easier to drive with the instructor then my parents. They also teach you a lot of safety and tips &tricks to help. Also if you take the drivers course in the winter they teach you proper winter driving. I found this very helpful as my friends that took their courses in summer and were freaked out driving their first winter.

But the real key is to take things slow, pay attention and practice.

Thanks no I am 22 so no drivers ed course for me plus they are like 200 here. But I did take a 6 hour online course. It helped a lot. I did hit one curb but thats ok all good.

I will keep everyone updated on when I get my license.

wow 200 isn't bad lol, here your general driving license is more than that, also last year when i got my truck driving/bus driving license that was around $8000.00

congrats on getting your license :D

Good think a bus driving license in the states doesn't cost that much. The company I work for has enough problems getting drivers (as do just about every company out there). But then again with the lack of discipline in the schools now it carries over onto the bus and I seriously have gone home in tears a few times. And I'm a seasoned bus driver, this is my 7th year.

200$ isn't bad. I think mine was around 400$ for the course(I got the cheap course, the other was 600$) and then I had to pay 150$ to take the drivers test to get my license. For me it was definitely worth it and if you take the course the insurance companies give you a cheaper rate so you end up making back your 400$.

nermal71 wrote:
Good think a bus driving license in the states doesn't cost that much. The company I work for has enough problems getting drivers (as do just about every company out there). But then again with the lack of discipline in the schools now it carries over onto the bus and I seriously have gone home in tears a few times. And I'm a seasoned bus driver, this is my 7th year.
I think he meant 18-wheelers or coach busses, since you do not need a special licence to drive school busses here.

ours are $300+ here not including the permit or the written or driving tests afterwards (those are pretty cheap though.

Actually you can take drivers ed till like your 24 or something like that. (at least in Idaho) I am 18 going on 19 in march and I am going to take it. so I would check the cutoff in the drivers manual again or go to your local DMV or driving school and they can tell you.

congrats on the permit and good luck.

I had to take the 6 hour online course tog et DL or permit. In texas over 18 you take the 6 hour and I can only have my permit 3 months. I will be getting my License in Nov. I can drive it is just perfecting it.

Like yesterday I was driving around the island to run arraigns. I will be driving with my mom from Sugerland to Conroe this weekend. Thats how she has taught us all to drive one long distance trip. Its about 2 hours one way. If I had to take the test tomorrow I could pass just building confidants at this point. I am getting my new car on my birthday so here is hoping I can get in back to Galveston by Nov 15th when I am supposed to come home.

At 22 I will have no restrictions on me after I get it either. Like here for 6 month under 18 you can not have anyone in the car with you under 12 and you can not have more then one passenger under 21.

I am excited here is hoping.

A 05 Crycler Seabring my husband is getting it for me.

I went driving with my mom last night. She is a much better teacher but she taught folks to drive for over 20 years in Chicago.

Latest posts

Back