I'm convinced that my cat is trying to kill me...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dungeonbunnies

Reaction score
So, I USED to be a dog person, but then I got my rabbits and fell in love. I was never really a cat person, despite growing up always having a cat, but this man I had decided to marry ADORES cats... so, when I'd heard that my brother had kittens, and was going to DROWN them if they didn't find homes, I took 2. (My sister took the other one that was looking for a home)

I had them named before we picked them up, they were going to be No-Less (than one cat), and No-More (than 2).
No-Less is a beefy silver and mocha tabby with black striping, and No-More is all legs and tail black cat, also complete with darker tabby striping!

I would like it to go on the record that I love my obnoxious little stalker, and had it not been too cliche for a black cat, I should've named him Shadow. He follows me just about everywhere! I'm warily waiting for him to jump in the shower, or even in the car one of these days. But we have a problem, his favorite place to lay while I'm in the kitchen is on or between my feet, which means I'm stepping on him, or tripping trying not to. I HAD him trained to sit on the line that divides kitchen and dining room, but he ignores that boundary now. And he also walks in front of my feet instead of following! I'm so scared I'm going to spill boiling water on him or something, not to mention step on him and hurt him! URGH!

Does anyone else have this problem of being killed with kindness? And how do you get it to stop!

Omg, I had an idea! I trained him to sit; maybe I can train him to heel!!!!

I have a cat thats totally insane and does the same thing. Well, she follows me and trips me when she wants food. She has serious food issues.
I just tell her to shut that mouth and I keep on walking. I just shuffle on through. My bun is a tripper and I always feel like I'll really hurt her. She is ALWAYS under my feet, its maddening.
I guess you have to tell them to move and keep on going about your day. hahaha.

I just wish he understood how painful moving around is, and get the heck out of my way so I can get it over with! I'm one of those pain speedwalkers, any speed hurts so I go fast as I can to get there quicker! Lol I'm really going to try teaching him to heel.

If he learned to sit, has clearly a pretty smart cat. So teaching him to heel could work. I've had cats all my life and only one of them did any kind of trick. He could ring a bell on the front door to let us know he needed to go out. Good luck!

I had a cat that tripped me once and I broke my arm, so yes I understand. I have learned to shuffel and after a couple puntings my cat has learned to stay out from under my feet, sort of. I now have to teach Panda (rabbit) the same thing. I'm so afraid of breaking him before he learns.

I have fibromyalgia, so some days I really stagger when trying to walk. That's when it is really dangerous for all of us. Somehow they know though and are better at giving me more room to walk on bad days.

Whitelop - you'd be amazed at what cats will do for kitty treats! Lol I taught both No's to sit on command, it's keeping their claws to themselves that's the REAL trick!

Missyscove - I've seen that chart before, the internet must be confirming my fears... -shifty eyes-

MiniLopHop - please teach No-More! I have a torqued hip, a wrenched back, and apparently knee and ankle issues since semester started. The other day I shuffled everywhere on the verge of tears. I so hate my body! I thought he'd learn after being punted a few times, or getting his foot stepped on (this was last night too) Nope! He's bullheaded! But I can't have him underfoot when I'm carrying the Munchkin, because I plain can't see him!

By the way, No-More likes the "abuse" and comes back for more purring like a deviant!

LOL kinky kitty. I had one that had a thing for feet (hence my broken arm) but he also preferred to be pet with feet and would lick our feet etc. Cats can be weird!

I will never feed the cat or give her snacks if she's under my feet. I think that was the key. She learned she had to stay a distance to cry or it didn't work.

He's not on my feet for food, he lays there just to touch me. He does it whenever I stand/sit long enough. It's almost annoying...

Our cat always runs ahead of us and gets under our feet when we're walking -.- . It got so bad we had to put his collar back on him, which he hates, because it has a bell and now I can find him and love him up whenever i want. :D

I always say the animals are going to be the death of me haha. Azrael will zip right in front of me while I'm walking. Merlin likes to walk slowly in front of me while I'm walking and Harvey will zip between my feet while I'm walking. Triple threat haha.

All these sweet, affectionate cats that just want love. Wow. Gizmo will only get near me to bite. He really is plotting to kill (and not being very discreet about it, either). Tripping over a cat sounds like such a foreign concept to me. If my toes aren't exposed for severe attacking, he leaves you be when you're walking. The rabbit, on the other hand...she's the one you've gotta watch.

I had a friend who tripped over a cat and broke her ankle.

But I think a lot of pet owners have this trouble...There pets are always under their feet, my husky and my cats are like this sometimes.

You all missed it this morning; I was trying to make cupcakes, and No-More was in the kitchen, underfoot (as always). I yelled "OUT!" And schooched him out of the kitchen with my feet. After the 3rd time of being kicked out, he sat by the lip (where the carpet meets the kitchen tile) and POUTED!

I had to make it up to him by sitting down in a chair and hunny plopped him into my lap. Right about now I miss him, he's in the living room, but my door is closed, and since my window is closed and there's no box in the bedroom yet, he has to sleep out there

I don't know if there's any smell he doesn't like, though I'm sure there are cat repellant sprays.

It's been getting better since my fiancé also banishes him from the kitchen, but walking towards the house from the horse pen yesterday, he got punted.

Latest posts

Back