I'm BACK!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmy-webby

Reaction score
Hello all,

:yes:

YESS! I'm finally back! Haha. Sorry for not being on the forum for along time. So much things going on in the house that makes it reallyhectic around here! School almost starts in about 2-3 weeks and I'mgoing really crazy since I didn't get myschedule and mysupply list YET!! Lets just say that I like to get things doneearly. So how has everyone been? Your buns? I hope their doing justfine.

I've got updates about Emmy and her diet that I've been giving her!Poor thing, she doesn't seem like shes losing much weight. Phsically,it really doesn't makea difference really. I feel her spineand I really can't feel it. Am I doing something wrong? I wrote Caroylna PM and she told me less pellets and more hay. That's what I've beendoing but I don't think that approach is working? I take her out daily:Morning, Noon, and night. 1+ hour each day time. Although, it seemslike she isn't being much active when she comes out now, unlike beforeshe would hop all over the place and cause all trouble..which I have toadmit I miss very much.:(

She IS eating regulary & her food is about done by the end ofthe day. Her pooping and peeing is normal..so I don't think there is aproblem about her un-activeness.

Although, just recently we have been re-painting our family roomfor quite some time..but I'm for sure that Emmy has no contact betweenthe smelling of the paint since her cage is in the laundry room wherethe door is alwasy closed. Can this be the reason? Poor her, she hasn'tbeen outALL day when we were re-painting the family room :?

Is there any other way in which I can make her more active? Where I canlet her get MOREexercise to let her weight ease down?

Thanks, any information would be greatly appreicated.

- Katy

Warmest Welcome Home, Katy!! I missed you. :hug:

Would definitely be careful with the paint fumes. Don't knowhow humid it is where you are, but that would have an impact on heractivity level as well. Would continue with keeping herpellets limited and increasing her timothy hay amounts. Wouldweigh her to see if she is losing. Can't really go by"eyeing" her weight. Weigh her and let us know what youfind. If she is really obese, that would also impact herdesire to exercise. Could always play catch the bunny to gether moving.:runningrabbit::run:

-Carolyn

Hi, Katy!

Does Emmy like to play "chase the bunny?" Mine give me amischevious look. Then when I walk (or shuffle- they lovethat for some reason) towards them they binky away and wait for me tocome at them again.

I've also found that when they get new boxes they will practice runningin and out of them. Check out my home thread for ideas forbox toys- we have a lot.

Do you have a hallway that you could let her run in? Mine love to run up and down the hallway.

Wow! I've never tried Catch the Bunnybefore. I'll try it this afternoon when Emmy is out. Yes, I do havea hallway upstairs!

Oh this is great! Haha. I haven't even thought about these! Thanks for the ideas!

We also have stairs which Emmy loves to go up and down on. We haveabout 4 floors in our house so I guess her running around room will beall over the house.

Thanks SOO much for the ideas.

- Katy

:dancing:

IT'S EXCERSISE TIME!

Update:

I took her out this morning and afternoon but when I open her cagedoor, she doesn't want to come out! Even right now..the door has beenopen for about 10 minutes and there is no attempt for her of going out=/

The temperatures where I live is strictly warm. 80 degrees and higher.My mom doesn't want to turn on the AC in the afternoon because shewants to "save" energy so that we won't pay alot on our bill. But, tokeep it cool we open the basement door which brings in really cool airplus the fan on to have the cool air circulate the downstairs. So thehouse is pretty cold.

BTW; There IS a problem. We don't have a scale in our house what soever. I've told my parents to buy one so that I can keep track ofEmmy's weight but they don't say anything. -_- Darn. Tina gave me anidea of bringing Emmy to a friends house to weigh her..but I don'tthink my friend would allow animals in her home. Although, I'll doublecheck on that.

P.S

For Emmy's diet..is pellets an option? Can you just provide hay& some greens? Or does Pellets HAVE to be in fortifieddiet? Thanks.

Katy

naturestee wrote:
If you provide a variety of hay and greens, you can gowithout the pellets. Especially if she isoverweight. Check out this link and do some more readingbefore you switch her off of pellets, though. Has she beendiagnosed as being overweight?

http://www.leithpetwerks.com/Bunfun/nonpellet.html

No, she hasn't been diagonosed as overweight, but you cant feel herspine or ribs really. And now, even with the diet , fat is beginnng togrow around her arms :?

Katy

Latest posts

Back