I'm back...sorta

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Phew, talk about a move! Was very long anddidn't go as smoothly as we had hoped, due to not enough time (hubbyhad to work) and too much stuff. Took us four days total to load up theUhaul and unload here, including VT and Ottawa. No problems at theborder, I'm happy to report.

The rabbits still won't come out of their cage though. Not quite surewhat it is, we suspect it's because we now have hardwood floors andthey're not used to that. Chompers did come out a couple of times (Iwas in the Toronto area for five days and got back yesterday, this iswhat Dave told me). Abby will stick her head out but that's it. Valurancame to the front of the cage when he saw me and I gave him somepettings and craisins, but he will not come out.

Dave put a large throw rug in front of their cage, hoping that willhelp, but so far all three seem content to stay in the cage. Theyaren't acting any different, eating/drinking well. Grooming each other.Flopping over. I gave them a TON of attention when I got home andthroughout the night, which I could tell they really loved.

Guess we'll just have to let them settle in to the new place. Still, I'd like them to come out and play!

Glad to hear you're settling down! I'm sure thebuns will come out in their own time. I hope everything quiets down abit for you and your soon-to-be-born baby.

I hope it feels like a real home to you soon.

I remember how sad it was when we moved -- Matthew kept asking when we were going to go home :(

Pam

Hi Stephanie!

So glad you're back! :jumpforjoy:

My rabbits are reluctant to move around much on the woodenfloor. They're used to it now and manage, but they do beatfeet over to the carpeted area usually right when they're letout. Putting the rug down will help, I'm sure.Besides, they've been on quite an adventure this month. I betthey're just happy to be settled in.

How was your visit home? Was it all work and noplay? Were the three musketeers the big hit of yourvisit? If I remember correctly, your mom is crazy about therabbits.

Hope you're feeling well these days. I'm sure the time hasn'tflown by for you, but it seems like your pregnancy has gone sofast. I can't believe the time is almost here.Looking forward to seeing the new baby on the forum.

Tried putting Tucker, Cali, and Fauna together. That didn'twork at all. First Tucker went after Cali, it was quick stepto get him back in his cage. Then Fauna pretended that shewas going to groom Cali and instead let her know that she's gotteeth. Didn't bite her, but let her know that she could ifshe wanted to. Quick Step to her cage too. Cali'sthe biggest and she's the one to get bullied. Gofigure! Those two little squirts don't know how lucky theyare that she has a great temperment. I did think of you andwondered what you would do, i.e., keep working at it or just call it aday?

-Carolyn

I thought I had not seen a post from youlately. Moving is bad enough but to move while you are 8-9months, UGH! How are you feeling? I know I am beingattacked by heartburn and cannot sleep. Hope your pregnancyis going well for you!

Miffy also does not like the wood floors, we only have carpeting in ourlivingroom where her cage is. She will come out on the woodif I have some food for her but other than that, she runs and plays onthe carpet only. It sounds like they all have decided that ifthey do come out, it will be on their own terms. Maybe alittle attitide back at you for making them move!;)

Chompers came out three times today, I'm happyto report. Abby hung halfway out to get at some oats I was holding(trying to coax her out). Valuran stuck his head out, but wasn't toointo it. I'm hoping that with Chompers running about and putting hisscent around will help the other two.

Carolyn, are you wanting to have them all in one cage, or at least ableto tolerate each other? You know me, I'd keep at it until they were allhappily grooming each other and flopping all over the place on top ofone another. Although, that is a lot of work and will obviously takesome time, especially as they're all pretty well established in theirown cages and such.

Fauna seems to be the top bun of the herd. Was she very aggressive, orjust letting Cali know who was in charge? Tucker is the bully and Ithink he'd be the hardest to get to "agree" to the terms. Such a smallbun for such a large attitude!

Hi Stephanie!!
That's good that Chompers ventured out of his house!!

When we moved here and went from carpet to our wooden floors Bindyfound it a little unnerving at first. I put a towel at her front doorof her house and she would come out, she would play on the rug, andslip and slide all over the place, she would walk right along the wallsand use them as a guide and a safe way to walk on the floorboards.

You could try gently placing them outside of their house, have a mat ortowel right at their doorway so they can hop to safety if they need it.Take them out and just place them near the towel but on the floorboardsand let them get the feel for the floor.

It is probably scary for them having the ground underneath their feetchange, literally. Give it time, it took Bindy about 2 weeks to getused to it her and now she bolts up and down the hallway like a crazedrabbit LOL

Our new bubbies are handling the floors quite well, although poor Roger has trouble, she is still wary but she is improving.

Goodluck and how you feeling? Any niggles of the baby coming yet???

hi stephanie and ariel

can i ask do you's think the woodenfloor is better for themthan carpets we have been thinking of getting one in the lounge area

varna xxxx:bunnydance:

I'm happy to report that all three of therabbits are finally coming out of the cage. So far, only Chompers hasthe nerve to run around on the floors. Abby and Valuran stay in thearea we've created for them, right by the side of the cage. It's in acorner with a carrier, the Smurf blanket, andsome boxesthey've had for a while. They still don't stay out for long, but anylittle bit is good in our book.

Varna, I personally am glad that we no longer have carpets, as Valuranreally went after the carpets in our old place. He did some seriousdamage at my mother's house too, which she didn't really care so muchabout the carpet as the rabbit's health. But still.

They're adjusting and we no longer have to worry about any of them ingesting carpet fiber.

Hi Varna ;)

I think the floorbaords are better for us, Bindy has adjusted well, sheused to tug at the carpet at the old house but we did teach her not toin the end.

The new bunnies are adjusting as well, and given that 1 likes to tugthe fibres out of our rug I am glad we have floorboards, it's justgoing to take time to teach Gizzie not to pull on the rug.

I'd rather have a bunny slip and slide for a while and get used to the flooring rather than one who chews the carpet.

If you like the idea of floorbaords I say do it, Lucy will adjust to the new floor in time ;)

I've beenthinking about you todayStephanie.

I hope you are feeling well. It can't be long now surely?

I'm looking forward to updates once your little girls born!

I bet you are so uncomfortable now. Try and get some rest, your going to need it!!

Vickie

I'll get a new pics of Chomps up soon, promise!He's a total attention hog now, in fact, all three of them are. Thismove was good in that sense, where they all really love being pet andloved up, even more so than before. And now Valuran is actuallysleeping outside of the cage again. :)

I'm pretty much done with being pregnant at this point. lol Cannot waitfor it to be over with! Yes, I know everyone says enjoy these lastweeks of quiet while I can, but my belly feels like it'sabout to burst. At least I sleep very well at night, which I know a lotof women at this stage don't. I'm taking it easy, spending myafternoons/evenings on the couch with my knitting, a good book and theTV.

I was thinking if you had your baby already too. Is your due date in the 20th?

The last few weeks are really tough to wait. I went to a doctor in my38th week and he said "Oh the baby is so low, you'll probably have ittomorrow", but actually I had to get induced in my 42nd week. I used tolove knitting too, made a blanket for the baby.

Hope everything is on schedule.

Anna

No baby yet! I'mhoping it's soon though. My due date is the 28th...

Something was up with our camera, well, the program to upload that is.We took a bunch of pictures and when I uploaded them, they went topicture limbo and I cannot find them. So no new pictures of the bunniesyet.

Valuran is now out of the cage a lot, on his blankie. Both Abby andChomps come out on a regular basis too, although Chompers is the onlyone who dares venture out onto the hardwood floors. The other twostretch their necks as far as they can and look, but haven't gone outyet.

It's actually nice in a way, all of the rabbits are much moreaffectionate now. Not that they weren't before, but Valuran especiallywas skittish and now he just loves being pet and loved up.

Stephanie wrote:
No baby yet! I'mhoping it's soon though. My due date is the 28th...

Something was up with our camera, well, the program to upload that is.We took a bunch of pictures and when I uploaded them, they went topicture limbo and I cannot find them. So no new pictures of the bunniesyet.

Valuran is now out of the cage a lot, on his blankie. Both Abby andChomps come out on a regular basis too, although Chompers is the onlyone who dares venture out onto the hardwood floors. The other twostretch their necks as far as they can and look, but haven't gone outyet.

It's actually nice in a way, all of the rabbits are much moreaffectionate now. Not that they weren't before, but Valuran especiallywas skittish and now he just loves being pet and loved up.
Aww .. those bunnies know they need to be gentle andtheir Mom needs some extra cuddles and love !

Glad to hear everything is going well with the last few weeks of yourpregnancy .. and justin case I dont see another post beforethe big day ... GOODLUCK and I'll be praying everything goes smoothlyand that you have a happy healthy baby!

They're also using the litter box pretty muchexclusively too. What a joy that is! They were pretty good about itbefore, but now it's 95% everything in the box. You know buns though, Iswear it's a matter of pride for them to sprinkle poops around.

Latest posts

Back