I'm baaaack....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Well, I just got back from vacation, too late togo check on my babies outside! Can't wait to see them in the morning,and pick up the little guys from the "bunnysitter"!

I gave my friend a call from the campground to see how things were going....

hehehehehe

those little stinkers!

Apparently she came home from church to find not 9 but 3 babies in thecage--and a mess in the dining room!! Six babies were on the loose,having wiggled through an impossibly tiny space in the cage.....

Guess who was the ringleader....

Yup.

Baby 1! :p:X

So she digs out the six babies from under the table, behind the couch,etc,etc. Sticks them back in the cage--and watches as one littlestinker squiggles out again! They were then banished to her dog Simon'sold kennel--which, presumably, kept them from repeating their missionof destruction. I'm sure there will be more stories of bunny terror,which I'll hear tomorrow when picking them up! Simon, by the way, a bignoisyhunting dog, was reduced to a whining puddle of jealousy.

So, anyway, meanwhile I'm getting very lonely away from them all, andwandered into a pet store which contained 5 or so very cute littledutch/mixes, about 8 wks. old (yes, actually 8 wks., very well grown).Very easy to trance--I think I surprised the poor clerk by producing avery "dead" and upside-down bunny and saying, "Rabbits are sopredictable!". hehehehehe

And, I was spinning fantasies about a job as a camp host with all mybunnies camping with me......hopping on the beach....scaring thecampers....

lolololol

I missed 'em!

Rose

No--believe it or not, baby 1 is becominga GOOD teenager!! GO FIGURE!;)

Lol

she is so limp and floppy!!!!! Still causes trouble, but is really fun to hold.

Rose

Welcome back, Rose.

Did you have a nice vacation other than missing your 'family'?

Sounds like the babies conspired together to eliminate one bunnysitter.As you know, the idea is to make it harder on you to find someone sothat you can't go away again.

-Carolyn

Yes, other than missing the babies, it was great! I wish they could have been with me, running on the beach.

I did scare some fellow campers by being the phantom fiddler on the dunes. Kind of like the Pied Piper! hehe

It was fun. The last thing one expects is to see a fiddler walking downthe sand dunes into the water, so thereactions werepriceless. I tended to vanish as people approached, adding to thesurreality of the moment. There are countless paths on the dunes so Icould simply melt out of sight. I've always been able to play and walkin rhythm, no matter what the terrain, so I drifted up and down thedunes, over the beach, and into the water.

I spent hours improvising, something I haven't done in ages. I'd gottentoo busy with the formal training and less spontaneous--and let apriceless thing slip. I'm only just realizing that what I neglected wasworth as much or more than what I'd gained in pursuing my career.

So I let all the formality of concert violin slide, and let a new songappear in bits and fragments that grew, and only stopped when myshoulders started aching.

I need to do that more often....

Rose

Latest posts

Back