I'm alive! (barely)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
I know I've been dead. But I popped out of my grave for a few minutes to give you all an update.

Erron and I have moved out. We now live on a grand 30 acre farm and Ihave 2 barns, a creepy looking silo, and ...a Rabbitry! Finally! Dreamcoem true. W00t. Ok so I have pictures of my house andproperty and the Rabbitry...so far. I have an even 50 rabbits now, butI only have like 20 of them at the new house, due to lack of cages. Iwonder if like...Klubertanz and Quality Cage Co have like...bridalregistries....omg that would be so freaking handy.

So a little less than half of my herd is here, and our 2 horses, plusmy friend's rotten mare. I can't wait til she leaves. Or croaks. Orstops biting me. Thanks to her, I'll probably need a knee replacementin a few years. ^%$*(*&^%##$%. <- What I usually callher.

Anyways, pics, i'm sure you're anxious by now.

barn2.jpg

Here's the barn where the horsies go. The stalls are huge. like.. 12 X 14.

barnlookout.jpg

They really like being able to poke theirh eads out. The one day it waspouring down rain so we didn't turn them out...but Spanky (right) waswet from the shoulders up. The previous barn we boarded them at waslike a dungeon.

Dogrun.jpg

There's even a little dog run for Seth! And it goes into a stone partof the barn so he can go cool off in there on hot days. This boardersthe pasture and Seth just LOVES the horses. So he barks at them whenthey're out munching and he's in the dogrun. If he's not locked up hesits in the pasture ont he hill and just watches the horses. Like he'sstanding guard over them. But then somebody nickers or whinnies andSeth takes off, tail between his legs. Our fence consists of twowires...and Seth runs under the lower one....but he runs iwth his tailheld up and curled (like a husky) and it always hooks around the lowerwire and he always screams 'YIPE!'' when his tail touches the wire (itsnot electric but you'd think it was, he's such a darn sissy). Ohyeah...he took out a section of fence the other day...I still haven'tfixed it. Good job stupid.

Farm.jpg

Justa nice view of all the barns and stuff.

GuestRoom.jpg

Here's my guest room. It's a very attractive room. Who's coming to visit me? PS - the curtain is actually a besheet. Fool You!!

Kitchen.jpg

This is my kitchen. I couldn't hang up muh deer head so he kind ofbecame a centerpiece for a few days. I didn't realize he haddisappeared the other day until yesterday...when I went to show myfriend the guest room and the deer head was lying on the bed with hishead on the pillow and the blanket wrapped around him from theshoulders down. There had also been pillows stuffed under the blanketto give him a body. It seems Erron has quite a sense of humor.

LivingRoom.jpg

Living room. Forgive the mess, I was still kind of moving stuff around at the time.

LivingRoom2.jpg

Other side of the living room. Seth is in like...all my picturesbecause he just follows me around the house all friggin' day. And hekept walking into my pictures.

Pasture.jpg

Here's a pice of the pasture, it's across from the barn where thehorsies are. So they just stare at it until I come after breakfast otlet them out. There's another barn aross from that one and we openedthe doors (bottom right) so that it double as a run-in shelter. Notthat they use it anyways. They'll come inside soaking wet and happyabout it. There's a little creek in the back.

pasture2.jpg

Another view of some ....nothing-ness. And some poop.

porch.jpg

Here's the view off my front porce. And my idiot dog walking aroundlike a cat. Or a skunk. Pick one. You do not want to get behind thatdog.

potty.jpg

Potty room! there's a cute shower and stuff ont he other side that Ineglected to take a picture of. I took a bath the other night andwasted an entire bottle of shaving cream just acting like a 5 year oldand having fun. I drew a bikini on myself. and a face on my belly.Remember the good ol' days when you were little and a bottle of shavingcream + bathtub was like...the holy grail of bathing fun? This was oneof those days.

Rckystall.jpg

Mum's horse Rocky in his stall. I found out shortly after this picture was taken that he is deathly afraid of camera flash.

Spankystall.jpg

Spanky always grows a hideous winter coat that refuses to go away. Hepretty much looks like a wooly mammoth. With a beard. I broke 3 pairsof clippers the other day trying to find him under neath all that hair.I managed to do a 1 foot section of his neck that you can kind of seeunder his mane there.

PS - Spanky doesn't mind camera flash.

SethBox.jpg

Oh, and just for fun Erron and I put a pair of boxers on Seth. We hadto put them on backwards, and we put his tail out through the manwindow. Seth thought it was great and he more than willingly let usdress him and then he paraded around the house like a king. Andapparently stuck his tongue out at me for the pictures. Occasionallyhe'll start panting and if you speak to him mid-pant...he just closeshis mouth on his tongue. And keeps it there.

Rabbitryleft.jpg

And of course the best part of me moving....the Rabbitry! I've only gotlike 20 bunnies here right now but I have room for an estimated 150+.i've even got a desk and chairs, so I can look all professional andjunk. And there's lockers on the other side, I plan on keeping 4 ofthen and we're putting the rest in the barn. It's nice to have a placeto keep my records and pedigree books and stuff. There was also a largecabinet near the door where I keep my medications and nest boxes,tattooing supplies, extra bottles and feeders, that kind of thing.
Rabbitryright.jpg

The other side. I put all my trophies and junk on top of the lockers.So I look cool. It used to be a tack room...so those obnoxious saddleracks in the back are goin' down. I still have some moving around andcleaning to do so excuse my clutter.

And what's a new rabbitry without new additions? Look who I rescued from the meat auction... (note ...photos are NOT edited)

b-E-B.jpg

blueye.jpg

reallyblue.jpg

blueyedblack.jpg

Both are bucks. I thought the black would be a good boyfriend forCymry, what do you think, eh? He looks so much like her. Same shade ofblue eyes too. I'll bet they'll have beautiful babies someday. ButCymry has 6 1/2 week old babies now. ''Moo'' as he was dubbed by theforum has found a great home with my friend Gail and her other bunny(that she got off of me a few weeks back) named Mimzy. She said Mimzyneeded a playmate.

The blue-eyed blue has CRAZY bright blue eyes. I'm still thinking upnames for them but don't worry i can handle it. I'll update you on thatlater.

So....I guess that's it. I'm goign to disappear for a while again.

Congratulations, Jesse! It sounds like a wonderful place (I can't see the pics - :().

We've missed you around here. I love the way you tell stories. :)

Laura

Yeah, I pretty much tell the best stories ever.

I've been missing RO. I have like...nothing to do at my house. I wakeup at 8, feed horses, hay horses, water horses, Bythen Seth is usuallyout of bed and I let him out and get him his breakfast. Then thebunnies get breakfast and watered and clean cages if necessary. Then Igo make myself breakfast and deal with Seth's buldging eyes the entiretime. Then if its not too cold I go clean horse's stalls. If it's coldI usually jsut wait for mum to come over and I make her do it.Mwuahaha.

I buoght a mailbox last Sunday. oh em gee was that ever exciting. " I'm goign to get mail!! Erron We're going to get mail!!"

I still need to call the garbage dudes. And postal service. I hatebeing on the phone. When any of you learn to communicate telepathicallyor by well-trained homing pigeon, you call the Jesse.

Aw fudge I just noticed I effed up my post and made it all wide anddumb and tarded looking. Thats goign to ruin my day. Woe is meeeee.

-JAK

I LOVE how much land you have - and it's likethe place was built for you - a room for the dog, a room for thehorsees, a room for the bunnees. Perfect!!!

I would love the live on a property with so much space... but you justcan't get 30 acres of land in Toronto cheap these days....

YAY!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESSE'SBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

I know I have missedyou! I have missed your antics aswell!:D

I enjoyed going through the post andseeing your pics. Looks like a great place!

I can't wait for you to be on more-that'sfor sure!:Dand :hug2:and Hurry Back permenatelyplease already:bow.

So glad to see you back Jesse...and howwonderful that things are working out for you! I can't wait to hearmore of your stories as well...you do have a way of putting things...Ilove reading your posts! :)

Oh, and you know, you're living my dream. I've always wanted to live inthe country, with land pretty much like yours, with a barn or two,horses, rabbits, dogs, large house, etc. *sigh*

Way to go, Jesse! :D

Welcome back! I missed you.

Cool house. Do you wanna adopt me or something so I can comelive with you? Actually I think I might get bored after amonth or so... maybe you can just move your house/land here to where myhouse is, that'd be cool.

Haha, its nice to know you all care. But i'veonly been gone like...what...2 weeks? Ia lways thought it'd be awesometo like, fall into a coma for a month and to wake up and just to seewho exactly is at my bedside. And then i'll point to a random personand I'll be like '' you! I heard what you said...'' and see them getall creeped out and nervous.

"And you! I won't tell anyone.''

It'd be like blackmail that I don't really have.

And everyone would be like '' omg Jesse what was it like being in a coma1?"
And i'll be all like

''I played a lot of scrabble, read the encylopedia in Arabic, and didyour homework. At the end of the maze, I found some B****in' cheese.Comas rock. Somebody hit me."

I'm not adopting anyone anytime soon.
The wedding is in like, 3 months (official date july - 27) so I don'tthink i'm too keen on having visitors in my house on my wedding night.

I thought I'd have an unusual wedding night and just rent moves and eatpopcorn. And when my family and friends try to be dumb and be like ''sooo.....how was the wedding night? *snickersnicker*" I can honestlytell them '' yeah we rented some movies, ate popcorn, i fed the horses,and went to bed."

:laugh:as I knew I would. Gosh, you're a frickin gag! Made my day, I had a bad one.

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
Haha, its nice to know you all care. But i've only been gonelike...what...2 weeks? Ia lways thought it'd be awesome to like, fallinto a coma for a month and to wake up and just to see who exactly isat my bedside. And then i'll point to a random person and I'll be like'' you! I heard what you said...'' and see them get all creeped out andnervous.

"And you! I won't tell anyone.''

It'd be like blackmail that I don't really have.

And everyone would be like '' omg Jesse what was it like being in a coma1?"
And i'll be all like

''I played a lot of scrabble, read the encylopedia in Arabic, and didyour homework. At the end of the maze, I found some B****in' cheese.Comas rock. Somebody hit me."

I'm not adopting anyone anytime soon.
The wedding is in like, 3 months (official date july - 27) so I don'tthink i'm too keen on having visitors in my house on my wedding night.

I thought I'd have an unusual wedding night and just rent moves and eatpopcorn. And when my family and friends try to be dumb and be like ''sooo.....how was the wedding night? *snickersnicker*" I can honestlytell them '' yeah we rented some movies, ate popcorn, i fed the horses,and went to bed."

I know, what wuold you guys do without me?Probably cry and go emo on me and start some kind of Jesse Tribute bandand junk. I see that going over quite well.

I got offered a job today at Lowe's.
Want to know what a small workd Beaver County is?

I put my resume' on Monster.com. Some chick from Lowe's called me todayasking if I wanted to stock plants for $9/hr I said ok. She wants tomeet me. She asked what time on Thursdaya nd I said It'd be easiest forme if it were around 10, then I could feed horses and make it outthere. And she was like ''oh you haveh orses! Where do you usually buyyour tack?'' and I was all like ''Usually Lusters, in Zeli'' and shewas like '' haha Joanna Luster is my sister.''

yeah ok so that sounds like a plan.

PS - i'm buying my mother a goat this Friday for her birthday. Ialready bought a bag of goat food, a collar, a leash, and a bell.

I'm attending the rabbit show in Butler, Pa on Saturday. Who's goign to come give me a hug?

-JAK

:hug: Virtual hugs only.Unless you get me a goat too. We played with some goats& kids at Disneyland last week.

Back