I'm a Newbie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much. I actually looked at thepics of yours too. Very cute. Scooby is very excited because he got anew bed tonight!

cedricandfriends wrote:
hm, rabbits are very social animals and should get a buddy.They can really get depressed. But let him be neutered first and thenyou can probably think about it :)
This statement is NOT entirely true:

they are not all that social , they interact whennecessary especialy in the wild , andis normally true in mostdomestic situations , They arequite content to be theLone Bunny , True they can be bonded toanother Rabbit but it doesnthappen with every Rabbit every time . Wehave members on the board whose Rabbits Do NOT getalong at all and all attempts at bonding have failed .

Most reasons for Depressed Rabbitsstem from lack of interactionwith Humans , They get used to say 2 hours everyday of interaction , IF that interaction is cutoff or lessened they will getdepressed , They don't understand whathappened to make Someone not playwith themfor the allotted time, this does not mean they needanother Rabbit for company . It simplymeans Onehas to re establishtheroutiene they are accustomed to . Introducinga new Rabbit at this pointwould only cause the fur to flyand shed some bloodthat doesnt need be shed.

So gypsy you think it is perfectly Ok to havejust one rabbit? I just think if i got another one the time spent withscooby would be decreased.

Scooby123 wrote:
So gypsy you think it is perfectly Ok to have just onerabbit? I just think if i got another one the time spent with scoobywould be decreased.
You will not have any problems on hand with just one bunny:)..You'll notice that over time, Scooby will adapt to yourschedule and very used to when his play time with youis.

As I mentioned before I have two rabbits and Freddy could care lessabout Vicky ..actually most of the times if she goes running over tohim he comes running over to me to make sure im paying attention to himand not her.

If you're worried about Scooby being bored, baby toys from the dollarstore, lil kitten balls, toilet/paper towel rolls stuffed withhay...just plain newspaper or printer paper for them to shred.

Yes I agree , You haveto take into concideration Play times ,If they do not get along , If Scooby gets4 hrs out to play every day and NewBunny doesnt get along well, Bunny # 1'splay time is decreased by 2 hours , 2 hoursofcuddle time is then reduced to 1 hour ,see what I am getting at ? If they getalong well then everybun ishappy Both would get 4 hours play time, and 2 hours cuddle time , right up untillHormones strike , 2 un altered males willfight 2 unaltered females will fight .

If You have ever seen Two Bucksfighting its pretty horrific , I willwarn you right now Two unalteredFemales will litterally fight harder andcome closer to killing each other , thereis nothing more frightning than watchingand trying to seperate a Doefight .

Your the only one who can makethe decision of having morethan one Rabbit , itsyour decision to have them altered, One Rabbit or TenThe amount of time you have tospend with them will be thedeciding factor .

Oh yeah he has pleanty of toys. He gets lots ofplay time. I just cant handle more then one! He is like having aninfant. I had a lot of pets back home and my mom is a huge animallover, so she thinks its fun to send him toys and beds in the mailsince we dont live with her.

Scooby123 wrote:
Oh yeah he has pleanty of toys. He gets lots of play time. Ijust cant handle more then one! He is like having an infant. I had alot of pets back home and my mom is a huge animal lover, so she thinksits fun to send him toys and beds in the mail since we dont live withher.
Sounds like Scooby is just fine all by himself .... soundslike a lil spoiled bunny at that! :p ..and you mentioned youhad a kitty? and soon a dog ? lots of people on here let their cats andrabbits interact under supervision so its sounds like Scooby alreadyhas a playmate need be :)

Yes he is very spoiled. The cat and rabbit havean interesting relationship. Scooby wants to be friends with the kitty,but the kitty is terrified of him. He hops towards her and she runsaway and goes and hides in her litter box.

yeah, not every rabbit can be bonded - I agree.But it's worth a try ;) most rescue organizations and sometimes evenshelters offer a "match-making" - that means you can bring your rabbitand see how he or she likes the other bunny.

cedricandfriends wrote:
yeah, not every rabbit can be bonded - I agree. But it'sworth a try ;) most rescue organizations and sometimes even sheltersoffer a "match-making" - that means you can bring your rabbit and seehow he or she likes the other bunny.
Based on the situation shehas described there would be a lack of space and Scooby's mom has herhands pretty full right now and Scooby is totally spoiled with bothtoys and attention. PLus there is no gaurantee they will get along andthen come into the situation that GYpsy described earlier. and itsheartbreaking for theowner and stressful on the rabbits.

Since I am here at college when I go home Scoobycomes too. It would be complicated having to travel with two of them. Igot lucky and he adjusts very well when he travels back home to"Grandma's House";)

I understood that there is a lack of space - Iwas just giving information in case scooby is moving to a largerapartment sometime in the future.

But as she said she'll see how her bunny is developing.

We live in a house now, but it is small. Myboyfriend and I have all those animals. Since his dad bought the housethe deal was he took all the animals. So now we have all of them. Butthey are well taken care of here and all get love. In my opinion thebunny gets the most attention lol

Latest posts

Back