Igloo Tossing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indianavex

Reaction score
Hey all!

So my Cassie has a weird habit. It's not new or anything, but it's one I've not found the root of. She likes to sit in her cage and either shove her head under the mouth of her plastic igloo or stand underneath it and lift her head to lift it up, then slide it back and forth and drag it around. Sometimes she also throws her water bowl and this one straw carrot-shaped toy of hers. I've also found the carrot and some of her other toys thrown into her water bowl a couple times.

I always figured it was out of frustration, but every time she's done it she's had food, water, hay, a clean litter box, several toys at her disposal, and the ability to leave her cage if she wants. Any clues what might be going on in her cute little head?

It sounds like she is doing it cause she thinks it's fun. Or she might like the sound it makes when it clunks back to the ground. Rabbits just find different things to be entertaining to them. One of my rabbits loves tossing her pine cone around and another bun likes to scoot his cardboard box around to just the right spot. Apparently he doesn't like where I neatly place it :)

what's going through her cute little head?

My guess is WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

:biggrin2: Georgie loves to throw things around when she's happy too. When she's frustrated too but there's a big difference in the way she does it. Sometimes I suspect they just like to celebrate letting their wild inner bad bunny out to run amok.

just today I attached the igloos in Bun's armoire to the sides because she kept moving them. normall I wouldn't but it's how she moves from level to level.

Hahaha sounds cute and pretty normal. My male is a rearranger and throws things a bit too. They have these plastic toy keys that he REFUSES to allow on the second floor of their cage. No idea why. It's just his thing. I put them up there just to get amusement out of seeing him throw them down to the first floor.
I think they just get things in their head they enjoy, ie the noise, playing, attention....and they keep at it.
Funny buns!

Latest posts

Back