Ideas on giving a second floor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny-Benard

Reaction score
I was wondering what I could do to give my bunny an extra floor in his home. He lives indoor, and also has an outdoor house. His outdoor house has an upstairs and downstairs, but I wouldn't know how to go about adding an extra floor to his current indoor home. He tends to find ways to escape (if the cage is close to the front of the bars) so ideally it needs to be against the wall. Thanks!!!View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1430034595.248261.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1430034618.903770.jpg

Yes, he hops onto anything he can. That's why everything is against the wall, not the cage

You could remove several of those hidey houses -- especially if he doesn't use them all. He really only needs one.

You could create a shelf that goes over the litter box and across the back to the hidey that looks silver.(The right end of the shelf could sit on that box.) That shelf could be rather wide -- at least as wide as one of the pen panels. Just use zip ties to secure it and perhaps use some support posts across the front. A cut piece of PVC pipe that is notched at the top could serve as supports.

You could then even put another shelf above that is half the depth (front to back) of the lower shelf. Then bunny could still see out the window.

Doing this could also free up some more floor space.

Latest posts

Back