I'd like to make a "special" dinner for my mom tonight.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexah

Reaction score
I've not been the best "daughter" in the last little while. Let's just say that going off of a medication I was on didn't go as well as we had hoped. But I would like to make a special meal for my mom tonight. She's been going through a lot and I want her to know that I love her and am here for her.

I'm not a good cook...at all. In fact, I pretty much suck :cooking:. But I can follow directions -- as long as they are easy. So, does anyone have any suggestions or favorite recipes?

My mom is in graduate school getting her master's in art therapy and counseling. She has a lot going on -- especially this semester since she's beginning to write her thesis. And this is in addition to working at an internship part time, doing some non-profit work, and, well just everyday stuff. She's been really stressed out and I know I've definitely added to that stress. And that's not cool. So I'd like to help her out a little -- even if it's just by making a nice meal so she doesn't have to.

I'm going to raid the fridge in a little bit and then try to come up with something that won't be too difficult to make without screwing it up. So, please, keep the suggestions coming. Trust me, I could use all the help I could get.

Alexah, that's great that you want to make dinner for your mom! Now, are you willing to go to the grocery store, or do you have to work with what's in the fridge? If you can't go to the store, tell us what you have in the fridge so we know what recipes to suggest.

Two nights ago, Paul decided to make me dinner since he had the day off and I had to work late. For Christmas I gave him a beginner's cook book, and he picked the recipe from there. He made teriyaki glazed pork tenderloin and carrots with honey sauce, plus mashed potatoes (which he did from a mix, but you could make real ones or just steam rice). It was really good, and the two recipes are easy peasy! Let me know if you're interested in them and I'll post them.

Thanks, Shiloh :)! I'd really like it if you could post the recipes. Dinner for tonight is done, but I'd really appreciate being able to learn a couple of other simple-ish dishes.

I wound up using what we had in the refrigerator for tonight. And, remarkably, everything turned out pretty okay. I decided to make chicken breasts because I figured that was easy enough. I baked them after glazing them with teriyaki. And then I made some long grain and wild rice and a nice salad with tons of veggies, cheese, and dried cranberries. My mom enjoyed it and, I have to be honest, it really did taste good. I was proud!

I'd love to learn to cook well, but I just don't know if I'm capable of it. I have such trouble knowing when things are done or not -- they're either overcooked or under. But, hey, this is an improvement since I did manage this meal and didn't kill anyone in the process!

:cooking:.

Latest posts

Back