I'd appriciate your prayers..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I used bleach to clean *Everything* of Charlie's. I'll have to put up bunny a picture of my other one at some point. :) Yes, she is very cute and I love her to pieces. I know of a vet like an hour from here who takes care of just exotics. I"ll have to see if I can hear of anyone who likes them, and maybe use them in the future.

As for where I'm located- I totally know what you're saying, but I'm just not comfortable with sticking that out there online...

That's understandable.Try typing in exotic vets "?" area and see what comes up. Also check with the pet stores, breeders and kennels in your immediate area and see whom they recommend. You don't need them at present but it is always nice to know ahead of time. The vet in our area is not advertised as a small animal vet, but they have had lots and lots of training through the years and are more than willing to go online and ask advise.

Sorry I haven't updated you all-I've been very busy the last couple of days.

I've heard from the breeder like 5 times. :) Gotta love it, she's so nice.

Today makes a week since Charlie went back with the breeder. They've been giving her Albon, I think its called, and have another more herbal thing to try if that doesn't work. Sounds like her nose is still runny, and she's being a little stinker trying to get out of meds every time. lol That sounds just like Charlie. The breeder's friend has a bunny that she's offered me so I think I'm going to go up there Saturday, and at the same time, I'll see Charlie. I don't know that we'll be getting Charlie back, as we really don't know if she's going to get better. And if she does, the breeder will have spent her own money curing it, and I'm not going to pester for her back when she's finally getting settled in there. She has a very good home with them, and they love her lots. I think she's getting spoiled now. Over there she even gets her meds flavored. lol

I can tell you after working in a vet clinic that the combination of symptoms was NOT Pasturella. It is likely an upper respiratory ailment and Charlie was not put on antibiotics long enough or strong enough to take care of it.

that's what I thought- I was sure it wasn't P. moltocida, but the vet wouldn't believe it..and she wouldn't do any more meds since the bunny wasn't ALL the way better after 2 weeks of it. I told she was doing better but not all the way, and she wouldn't hear it. Since they're sposed to be the expert, there's no telling them different even though I know my bunnies well and spend so mcuh time.. :(

Back