I Want To Know If My Rabbits Will Get Along?....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSassy

Reaction score
This is from my Blog. Question after my blog entry:

I tore down my huge NIC cage in the living room and built 2 smaller cages so I could bring Roscoe and Suzi into the living room too. So... I brought them out. They all were trying to smell each other. The cages were about 5 inches away from each other. About 3 minutes later. Roscoe and Suzi were fighting BAD! Pulling hair and humping. Rascal was chasing Daisy and trying to hump her! They all flipped out!! So I put cardboard in between the cages so they couldn't see each other. If Roscoe even heard the other bunnies he started going off on Suzi again so..... I had to put Roscoe and Suzi back in the bedroom. And tear their cage down. I worked from 7 pm to midnight for NOTHING!! LOl. What an experience! _______________________________________________

Question: Could my rabbits ever be in the same room together? Is there any way I can slowly bring Roscoe and Suzi into the living room? The first time was a disaster!

Can I bring them in the living room for play dates then put them back in thebedroom? Or will they fight thru the bars? Or I could puta barrier up so theycan see but not touch each other.

Thanks for any suggestions....I appreciate it. :)

You could separate each rabbit ( while in that room )with x pen fences ..even the bonded pair and let them get used to each other in the room.

I have a bonded pair in one room ..if I bring another rabbit into that room the male of the bonded pair goes off on the female (almost as a possessive thing)
I don't need to move any more rabbits in that room permanently soI have never tried to figure out a method of dealing with it.

I think initally you should separate them all for maybe a few hours . ( in that room )

Thats a good idea. I didn't think of that. I was thinking I had to keep them together as a pair. Since I can seperate them, I'll try that. :)

I'll start out slow and see how the buns react to each other in the same room. As long as their not bouncing off the x-pens .Lol.

Back