I want to get another bunny buuuut...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Konotashi

Reaction score
Okay, I want to get a BEW Holland lop because I think they're gorgeous little bunnies and I love the coloring. Plus I think it'd be cool to have a solid black rabbit and a solid white rabbit. I also want to get a bunny buddy for Salem. Well. Mom says no.

She says I have too many pets (which, I guess I can't argue with since I have 3 sugar glidersand a bunny already.) But I have a cage that I'm pretty darndy sure that's big enough for 2 buns, andI have a 50 lb. bag of rabbit chow. (I know, I know, it's huge, but it's the only size I could find.) I told her that I might as well try and use as much of it as possible because I'm going to have to throw out a lot more than I'll use. With 2 small bunnies, even, most will have to be thrown out.

She also says that she has to fight with me to clean my room. My room has been SPOTLESS for 2 weeks, about. She never said a SINGLE word about it, though. Not even a, "Roo, your room looks good." She only says anything about it when she wants me to clean it.

She also says that I've been neglecting my sugar gliders since I've known I could keep Salem. Yes, it's true that I don't carry them around in my bra as much as I used to, but that's because it's hard for me to find a bra big enough for my 'girls' to fit, then be able to have the three of them comfortably sleep in between. (Or under, since Atreyu seems to like going under my right boob.)
She thinks that I never play with them, but I go in the tent with them every night after she goes to bed. I've been working with Atreyu nonstop since he's been here. (He's got crabbing down to an art, but he hasn't bit me in a while.)

Another thing she said was that I never help her around the house. Not really arguable on my side, since that's true for the most part. I help her every once in a great while, but not very often. I've been trying to up the anty for that part.

My grades have also been slipping, which is a huge reason to say no, but they've been coming up, slowly but surely. She seems to have a hard time understanding that Japanese is HARD. That's been my most iffy grade this year. It's been on a roller coaster ride. It's the first class I've EVER had an F in, but it stayed like that for about 3 days, went up to a B, down to a D, and is now holding steady at a C. I won't lie - I don't study. I've never studied before in my life. To be honest, I don't know HOW to study. I've always been so used to being able to just take a test and get an A. Sophomore year sure bit that tactic in the butt! I asked if she'd help me, but on the first day she said she'd help me, she was too busy. See, I'm not the only one that thinks it's boring. She's a busy bee, and we're always doing stuff together, but even when I just asked her to sit there, just to sit next to me, while I do homework, she sat there for about 3 minutes and went off and did something else. But anyway....

I'm pretty sure that if I get my grades up and everything, I'll be able to get another bunny. I've found a breeder who's not close... at all. Would it be best to take Salem with me to have them meet so that I don't get home and realize that they want absolutely NOTHING to do with each other?

As far as your grades go, I know exactly how you feel. Up to 8th grade I never had to study; I was just naturally smart and things just kind of came to me. The high school came around and things were harder, but as long as I did my homework, A's were still easily attainable.
Now that I'm in college, everyone else has had it just like me and I think we're all finding that we have to learn how to study and maybe that we're not as smart as we thought we were.

As for the bunnies. Have you thought about rescues? Many rescues or shelters will let you have bunny "dates" to find a bunny that will bond with yours.

I've been looking into a shelter, and there are some buns that I think are absolutely gorgeous, but I don't want another bun that's much bigger than Salem. Most of the rabbits from the rescue I was looking into aren't small, but I keep checking in. :)

I had a similar experience of finding most classes easy for a while. I can also definitely understand what you mean about Japanese being hard! I studied Japanese for most of my school years and it got sooo hard that I didn't do it for year 12 (final year of school here).

It sounds like you need to prove to your mum that you can get good grades and be responsible for all your animals, as well as keep your room tidy. She probably needs to see your room stay tidy for longer than 2 weeks. I don't know about you, but my room can be clean for a little while and then a few weeks later it is absolutely back to how messy it was before cleaning up. So she probably needs to see that it is a long term thing, at least that is what it seems like to me on the other side of the world!

I guess the other thing to consider is that will another bunny take more of your time away from the sugar gliders which are already your pets and you have already got a responsibility to look after them.
PS. I don't think anyone has sugar gliders as pets in Australia, I'd love to see photos of them if possible :)

Normally after about a day or two, if ONE thing gets on my floor, I let tons of other stuff join it. 2 weeks is pretty much a record for me. lol I'm planning on keeping it clean, though. I like being able to let Salem hop around the room without worrying if he's going to find something that he'll eat that might hurt him.
I don't think another rabbit would take much time from the sugs, except for more cage cleanings. (Every day instead of every other day, probably.)

I know of a couple people in Austrailia who own suggies. They just don't look like the ones we have here. I'll post some pictures. :)

Here are the links to some pics of my suggies.
Here's Atreyu, my little white one whose nickname is mini monster.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh100/Maki_Maki/Sugar Babies/Munchies_by_Konotashi.jpg

Here's Dakota, my little love bug, bra baby, and suggie ambassador.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh100/Maki_Maki/Sugar Babies/Little_Bitty_by_Konotashi.jpg

And here's Jacobi, my little turd. :)
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh100/Maki_Maki/Sugar Babies/Cuteness.jpg

Here's a video of when I was first introducing them all. It went very well. :)
http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh100/Maki_Maki/Sugar Babies/?action=view&current=intros024.flv

haha I know exactly what you mean about one thing gets on the floor and then tons of other stuff does... I am exactly the same!

I guess you know you're going to keep it clean, and I know that.... but maybe your mum just needs a bit longer to be convinced that there has been a change. do you know what I mean?

I know. I don't think she's convinced quite yet. Might take another month or so. If she DOES end up saying yes, it'll probably be about 3 months before I can get the BEW lop, since there aren't many breeders out here, and I haven't found really any lops in rescues around here. I'd have to be put on the waiting list then wait for them to be weaned, so I'd have some time.

sounds like you need to wait a while anyway, so I guess that is all you can do apart from continuing to keep your room tidy. keep up the good work :)

Latest posts

Back