I think Thumper said it best in Bambie...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
....and I'm going to ask that we use it when discussing breeders whether they are - or are not - active on the forum.

As Thumper said...

[align=center]If you can't say something nice...
don't say anything at all.

[align=left]We've had some situations arise over the last couple of weeks where breeders were mentioned by name and it wasn't always in the most flattering way (or that is how folks took it).

Think about it....would you want to find out that someone was talking about YOU on a forum in a non-flattering way?

I understand that not all breeders are good breeders. I understand that not all breeders are ethical breeders.

I also understand that breeders can make mistakes when it comes to color, etc.

So I'm going to ask that in the rabbitry area - we apply Thumper's rule to our discussions when we are discussing breeders other than ourselves.

Thanks!

(Now to find an appropriate emoticon!)

[/align][/align]

To add to what I'm saying....

If you have a question about a breeder or a practice..you can simply start out with..

"I know a breeder who..."

Or

"I had a breeder say..."

and leave it at that.

6a00d8341c4f9453ef011571160248970c-200wi

I like that policy because it keeps breeders safe from being lashed at, etc. especially if they are unaware of it; that could hurt some feelings if they found out, too.

I was also thinking that maybe if you don't know an answer to something, don't post in that thread? I've seen a lot of threads lately where members will post the incorrect information, and many times actual breeders are late to the thread, but the OP has already taken advice from the first repliers. I don't want to say anything anytime I've noticed this, because I don't want to be rude, but it does get a little concerning, because the information is incorrect, and it's kind of hard to be like, "Oh, so & so, your informatin is incorrect...this is really what it is. etc."

Does that make sense? lol. I guess, just keep rabbit books handy next to your computer - that way if those members who aren't breeders really want to help, then they can give correct info. ;)

Emily

Latest posts

Back