I think this just might work!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Konotashi

Reaction score
Okay, so as many of you may or may not know by now, I'm dead set on getting a BEW Holland lop for FFA this year.

I made a plan with my boyfriend and his mom.

If my parents don't go with me (which they won't need to because I have my license), then Gabriel and his mom will go. His mom will bid the highest on my rabbit, and then afterward, I give her the money back and I get to keep my bunny! I think it might just work! I did tell him to let her know that since it'll be a BEW, the bids will probably be around $200, but she agreed to it, as long as it's on a day she's off of work.

:highfive:

Awesome!

Blue Eyed Whites are sooo nice!

Whats an FFA?

Why not just buy a BEW from a breeder? Surely it'll be cheaper?

FFA stands for Future Farmers of America. It's a youth program that allows kids to buy animals, such as pigs, goats, rabbits, and poultry, and auction them off at the fair. I'm going to be getting mine from a breeder, and the one I'm looking at costs about $75. I think that's reasonable. :)

But I'd be the one auctioning it off, and his mom will be the one bidding on him.

I wonder if I could avoid the auction altogether without them knowing. xD

Are there any other activities you could participate in for FFA instead of the auction? Are there showmanship competitions and regular rabbit shows like in 4-h that you can participate in? Your mom could of course dictate that you must at some point sell your rabbit(s), but that way you won't have a forced sale at the auction.

I can do showmanship. :) I did that last year, and got 5th place out of 6. (Better than nothing!) lol
I looked at the ARBA site, and it said that all of the upcoming shows are in Tucson, which is pretty far from here. (About a 2-3 hour drive one way.)

I'll talk to Mr. Davis, who is the head of the Agriculture department at school, and ask him about it.

I asked my friend who was in FFA with me last year (she graduated, so I'm on my own now, lol), and I forgot! She didn't sign the paper saying that she wanted her rabbit to be in the auction, so she never auctioned off her bunny! I just won't sign that paper. That'll make it easier on everyone. :)

Latest posts

Back