I think they're not related,what do you think?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aushi

Reaction score
These are store bought buns, so with them, comes a million curiosities! I have no idea if they are related or not xD What do you think? (I know it's a hard question, just bored!)

Anna
wikk5c.jpg

Elsa
2ez66x2.jpg

Stores get their bunnies from breeders, so it's very likely that they came from the same breed

I thought the same thing, but they look so different! Maybe the breeders only bred to sell the buns to the store and didn't care if the parents looked the same? xD

With mixed breeds, there can be a lot of variety in the litter depending on the parents. Assuming these two where bought from the same store at the same time, they are probably related. I am guessing there isn't a lot of choice where you live, so probably few breeders and the pet store may only have 1 supplier. Even if they aren't from the same litter, chances are they would be related in some way.

With mixed breeds, there can be a lot of variety in the litter depending on the parents. Assuming these two where bought from the same store at the same time, they are probably related. I am guessing there isn't a lot of choice where you live, so probably few breeders and the pet store may only have 1 supplier. Even if they aren't from the same litter, chances are they would be related in some way.

So pretty much like cats? Two mixed parents and veeeery different babies?

Yeah very few choices. No shelters to adopt, and only this pet store near me. I've researched around for breeders and have only found breeders selling mixed breeds at the price of purebreeds xD And like... hours away from home. This store is 15 minutes, so I'm guessing it's just a person who happens to have a female and male, because I keep going back to their website and the litters are very similar to Anna and Elsa.

So I decided to go with this store, the staff seemed very knowledgeable and they were very clean and taken care of. :3 They also had lion heads and gosh I'm so tempted to go back and get it xD I've had mine for... 3 months, and I love them so much! I'm gonna become the crazy bunny lady....

I know what you mean about wanting a third bunny. I had to stop at three though!! Anna looks like my bunnies Smokey and Fred when they were babies. Their fur is darker now that they are a year old. Here's a baby picture of them:

P7240004 - Copy.jpg

Anna does look like them! SO cool! Only difference is that Anna has a white patch on her side lol

wtygjp.jpg

Wow, the white patch - just like Anna's hair in Frozen! Perfect!

I'm so glad to read that bunnies are well cared for at your local pet store! :) At my local stores, their food isn't great (just those 'rabbit mixes') and there's way too many of them in a small space. Sometimes they're housed with quite young guinea pigs who look quite scared. :(

Wow, the white patch - just like Anna's hair in Frozen! Perfect!

I'm so glad to read that bunnies are well cared for at your local pet store! :) At my local stores, their food isn't great (just those 'rabbit mixes') and there's way too many of them in a small space. Sometimes they're housed with quite young guinea pigs who look quite scared. :(

OMG o-o Im mad I never saw that! xD My daughter named them actually, it could have been her reasoning!

And yeah, they seem to know their stuff. Their cashier isn't very animal savvy but they have a person hired whose job is ONLY to take care of the animals and he seems to know his stuff! So I usually go when he's on, I'm a knowledgeable dog person, so when he tried to sell me dogs (its his job couldn't blame him xD) I noticed good knowledge!

And they seem to get one litter at a time, usually just 4 bunnies, housed with guineas but neither seem to young or too old than the other. And they aren't even in a cage, they took a corner from the store, laid out a lot of bedding, put four bowls of food and water and make a wall with some rocks (glued properly together) so they wouldn't get out. It's usually around 4 bunnies and like 3 guineas every month. The bunnies and guineas get sold under a week of getting bought and they don't get more until a month later, so that's what made me think it's just one person breeding for them. They offered me a male when I bought Elsa because they saw I knew a lot and cared for my bunnies well (my college was right next to the store so I went often) and they said a good person like me would give them good bunnies lol

Aw, it's great that they have someone employed whose sole responsibility is animal care. :)

Latest posts

Back