I think SnowFlake is a Blue pointed white

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2snowbunnies

Reaction score
She's a jersey wooly. I thought shewas all white, But her ears and nose are turninggrayish.

How long does it take for their markings come in?

I thought the markings on pointeds were there from birth?

My white buck tends to get a brownish tinge to is nose andearsat this time of yearbut he is not a pointedwhite at all. So mayb it's the same sort of thing with your rabbit?

I don't know for certain, someone else will haveto answer wo knows for sure but I've seen many pictures of pointedbabies and they all have their markings. So I just assumed they werealways present (well, once the hair grows in).

Pointeds normally get their Point color in ataround 3-4 weeks of age, sometimes as early as 2 weeks, but they areborn Pink and appear as Whites until then.

Points may appear rather faded up until their Senior coats when Full Point coloris matured.

Pointed Whites are also temperature sensitive, so depending on weatherconditions - points may be darker or lighter, heavy or barely there.

~Sunshine

No her feet are snow white. I think she's just doing the weather thing then.

My little Freezy Freaky, HA!

Jersey Woolies often have lightpoints. Tan pattern pointeds are not uncommon in JerseyWoolies - this can also make the points appear lighter.

In cold weather, pointeds often "frost" (have dark gray frosting over the entire body) before the points begin to come in.

Pam

Latest posts

Back