I think Riza may be peeing on herself?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbit Hero

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So Riza has been settling in nicely. The bonding sessions are going well. However I noticed today when she peed on the bed that when she hopped around afterward her bottom seemed to be a wet.

Now when Shino pees he kind of pushes his bottom up and out, but Riza doesn't seem to be doing this. Could it be that she just needs a trim? She did come from an abusive home and I'm still brushing some of the matted fur out, but aside from that I have no ideas why this is happening. What can I do? Could she get urine scald from this?Preview

It could be an infection that is causing her to pee herself. Bladder infection (UTI). She's eating fine, pooping fine? Can u tell color of the pee when it's on the flooring? Does it look clearish?Atest would be needed to indicate an infection, if so, antibiotics are prescribed.
You may want to do a vet visit if symptoms don't change, just to be sure.

If she checks out fine, could be laziness, marking type issues. Esp w/ you trying to bond. But, if they do that it's not normally on themselves, and trimming shouldn't make much of a difference, but you could certainly rule that out w/ a trim.

Keep us posted!;)

(My bun did this months ago, is fine now, but he burned all the hair off his tail w/ the peeing. He's fine now, he's blind, so we feed him his pellets in his litterbox now and that stopped it in my situation.)

yes, she is eating and pooping just fine. And the color of her urine appears to be normal, its a little milky looking, not clear. She just came from the humane society recently and Had a full check up.

Her bum is the only place that's pretty matted still.

We have a bunny at the humane society I volunteer at that does that. He was looked at by the vet and everything was fine. He was put into foster care for meds and with the bigger pen he stopped. He came back to the humane society and started again. We can't figure out why, but it seems to be related to his cage size and environment. The foster home offered him a larger cage and more then one litter box.

How long have you had Riza?

not long, I think about a month now. Because I'm bonding her she has been restricted to a smaller cage at times. I actually just moved her to a large X-Pen this afternoon. Perhaps this will help?

Rabbit Hero wrote:
not long, I think about a month now. Because I'm bonding her she has been restricted to a smaller cage at times. I actually just moved her to a large X-Pen this afternoon. Perhaps this will help?
That might help. Just rinse the pee off when she does it as soon as possible. You can put her bottom first in bathroom sink. Holding her w/ one arm and run some warm water on the area, wrap in towel get as dry as possible. It's amazing how fast the hair burns off.:shock: I hope she stops this soon, poor bun.

Latest posts

Back