I think Pebbles has gas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh! I forgot how long I've had it, but I hadn'trealised I've had it for this long! I got it in Mid June. I guess sincePepsi's died, I don't go through Pellets fast. I'm going to try to seeif I can get some new pellets tomorrow. Oh no, I feel awful if this iswhat caused this.

It's 14% protien. Pebbles is arounnd 9 months old.

Three months is okay. That's when theyrecommend getting fresh ones. They only really get staleafter six months. Not sure how long they've been in thestore, either (which is one think I always wonder about).

I'm sure she'll be fine. :)

sas

I just got Pebbles ready for bed. I dipped someof her hay in water just to tempt her, and she actually liked it. Sheate a few strands that I was holding out toher. I gave herjust a pinch of oats just to make sure she still is eating and to maybehelp with getting some fiber in her. She ate it very quickly and I lefta piece of apple near her. I decided that was enough fuss for the nightand she was in her box when I left. There was a clump of thenormal cecel, 6-7 clumps of mushy poo, a few soft but sort of normallooking poops and pee. I didn't hear her tooth grinding tonight, andgave her a belly massage before I left.

I think the place is pretty good with keeping fresh stock, so hopefullyit's pretty new. I always have that fear especially with petstores. I'mlooking at brands to switch to, but I'm not totally sure what tochoose. I was thinking aboutthe Martin's less active adultrabbit food because thats the best timothy hay based pellet I've foundapart from the Kaytee stuff. Do you order the oxbow pellets? Theclosest place that sold oxbow was the VRRA shop.

We have a nice big pile of almostnormal poops! :bunnydance::litterhealthy:

I had to check on her before I went to bed just to easemyworry and she had eaten her wedge of apple I had left forher and was pooping. I was like please, oh please have some nice normalpoop under you! Sure enough, when she hopped away to go lay on hertowel there was a pile of almost normal poops. A bit small, but hey I'msatisfied!

To tell you the truth, I think we have a special bunny angel looking over me and Pebbles.:bunnyangel:

Yay for poops! :bunnydance::litterhealthy::bunnydance:

I can't remember who this was, but I swear I remember one of my bunsappeared to be chewing on nothing occasionally when she started comingout of stasis. That might have been Sprite because she wasthe most severe problem I've had. Maybe that's what youheard, not tooth grinding?

When you're looking for a new pellet brand, why not ask how quickly thestock turns over? IE how quickly they sell out and get newstuff. I don't know how common rabbits are as pets in yourarea and it's possible that sometimes stock sits for a longtime.

There's more normal poops and some mushed oneswith normal poops in it, so hopefully she'll start pooping normal soon.I just left some of her pellets in her bowl just incase and she atethem along with a baby carrot, and some romain. I put her bowl of waterinfront of her and she had a nice long drink this morning. Lots of peeand poop in her cage, so that's good :D. Now when I'm adding a newpellet, should I just do the normal change over routine (1part new 3parts old, ect) that I normally do, or just add it slowlywithout the other pellets? I'm not sure if they're bad, they look ok tome but it could be something I can't see.

I'm not sure, but she still is making some sort of sound with herteeth. Could be just chewing on nothing, because it's the sound whenshe's eating pellets?

I guess I could ask how quickly they go through stock. What do youthink is better? The Kaytee timothy complete pellets, or the littlemartins less active adult rabbit food? I really don't know :?.

http://www.martinmills.com/littleRabbitLessActive.htm

http://www.kaytee.com/products/search/?pid=43530

I just noticed this post. I'm glad to hearPebbles is on the road to recovery, and let's hope she keeps gettingwell! A lot of times bunnies grind their teeth when they're in pain,and if she has some sort of intestinal upset, this may be what thatsound you keep hearing is. After all, it's like whena youngchild with an upset tummy cries: they have to express the pain somehow.Poor darling. Yayyyy for the poops!

It's just odd that other then thetoothgrinding, she shows no sign of pain. She is becoming more playful andback to her active self, sitting up and standing up, eating, drinking,and almost seems back to her normal self. I put my head against theside of her belly and I heard gurgles, but that's probably just herdigestion.

Spring wrote:
It's just odd that other then thetooth grinding,she shows no sign of pain. She is becoming more playful and back to heractive self, sitting up and standing up, eating, drinking, and almostseems back to her normal self. I put my head against the side of herbelly and I heard gurgles, but that's probably just herdigestion.
Is she grinding or just moving her mouth.

Our Chippy very often sits, staring off into space, and moves hermouth. It's almost like she's chewing or "talking" to herself. She'sdone this ever since we got her.

Spring wrote:
Iguess I could ask how quickly they go through stock. What do you thinkis better? The Kaytee timothy complete pellets, or the little martinsless active adult rabbit food? I really don't know :?.
I use the Kaytee Timothy Complete and have been very satisfied.

I buy mine at the Pet Goods. I go every Saturday morning (and take thepuppy with me :D) and they have new stock out almost every time. Notjust on the Kaytee, but also the hay and the Purina seem to move prettywell. They must have a lot of bunnie people buy from them.

She's back to her old rowdy self! :). I still haven't gotten the pellets yet, so have been feeding her the old ones.

She's stopped the loud tooth grinding, so that's good. She's eating lots of hay and is back to her normal self- thank goodness!

Nope, although I did before give her broccolileaves awhile backbut have stopped. I don't feed any cabbage,broccoli, kale ect - anything related to the cabbagefamilyanymore!

Back