I think I've got to re-home Robbie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiemybunny

Reaction score
Hi , hes being really aggressive to everyone and we can't give him the attention he needs because of that. He bites and grunts and attacks us . What should I do?

Is it possible that the neuter wasn't completely successful? Was he neutered by a rabbit-savvy vet?

Hi , hes being really aggressive to everyone and we can't give him the attention he needs because of that. He bites and grunts and attacks us . What should I do?
just sit on the ground with him, dont try to pet him, have treats in your hand

If Robbie has been neutered for a while, you've had Robbie for a while, and this is a new behavior, I think it's worthwhile to consider if something is happening health-wise that may be making him fearful. It would also be good to consider if there are environmental changes that Robbie might be reacting to, like the scent of a new person, animal, or the physical environment changing.

A rabbit biting and being aggressive. is not a "personality" (not saying you think it is; just a general statement to say), so if this is coming up, there is likely a cause that could be addressed; however, more information is needed to figure it out. Is this aggression happening all the time, and with everyone? What's happening when it's coming up?

Lay dawn on the ground and put a few treats on you. Stay vary still,

What kind of space & sheltering does he have? Does his behavior change when he's enclosed versus supervised free-range/exercising? Any dental issues?

What kind of space & sheltering does he have? Does his behavior change when he's enclosed versus supervised free-range/exercising? Any dental issues?
He just constantly attacks , even to the point I have to distract him with veggies to clean his litter box or refill his hay .

He just constantly attacks , even to the point I have to distract him with veggies to clean his litter box or refill his hay .

He probably attacks when you change his litterbox because it's HIS litterbox -- his territory. It'll take him time to learn to be less defensive of his territory (mine did).

I asked about space because it he doesn't have much space to call his own, he might be more territorial and aggressively defend what little he does have. Is he in a smaller, confined area a majority of the time?

Be patient with your bun. It can take a while for him to get use to all the changes in his life, and will probably settle down once he's in one place with the same people for a while :)

He probably attacks when you change his litterbox because it's HIS litterbox -- his territory. It'll take him time to learn to be less defensive of his territory (mine did).

I asked about space because it he doesn't have much space to call his own, he might be more territorial and aggressively defend what little he does have. Is he in a smaller, confined area a majority of the time?

Be patient with your bun. It can take a while for him to get use to all the changes in his life, and will probably settle down once he's in one place with the same people for a while :)
He's not Aggressive just when I clean his litter box and I don't feel like I can give him enough space , Im thinking that's why .

Latest posts

Back