I think I've got to re-home Robbie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiemybunny

Reaction score
Hi , hes being really aggressive to everyone and we can't give him the attention he needs because of that. He bites and grunts and attacks us . What should I do?

Is it possible that the neuter wasn't completely successful? Was he neutered by a rabbit-savvy vet?

If Robbie has been neutered for a while, you've had Robbie for a while, and this is a new behavior, I think it's worthwhile to consider if something is happening health-wise that may be making him fearful. It would also be good to consider if there are environmental changes that Robbie might be reacting to, like the scent of a new person, animal, or the physical environment changing.

A rabbit biting and being aggressive. is not a "personality" (not saying you think it is; just a general statement to say), so if this is coming up, there is likely a cause that could be addressed; however, more information is needed to figure it out. Is this aggression happening all the time, and with everyone? What's happening when it's coming up?

What kind of space & sheltering does he have? Does his behavior change when he's enclosed versus supervised free-range/exercising? Any dental issues?

What kind of space & sheltering does he have? Does his behavior change when he's enclosed versus supervised free-range/exercising? Any dental issues?
He just constantly attacks , even to the point I have to distract him with veggies to clean his litter box or refill his hay .

He just constantly attacks , even to the point I have to distract him with veggies to clean his litter box or refill his hay .

He probably attacks when you change his litterbox because it's HIS litterbox -- his territory. It'll take him time to learn to be less defensive of his territory (mine did).

I asked about space because it he doesn't have much space to call his own, he might be more territorial and aggressively defend what little he does have. Is he in a smaller, confined area a majority of the time?

Be patient with your bun. It can take a while for him to get use to all the changes in his life, and will probably settle down once he's in one place with the same people for a while :)

He probably attacks when you change his litterbox because it's HIS litterbox -- his territory. It'll take him time to learn to be less defensive of his territory (mine did).

I asked about space because it he doesn't have much space to call his own, he might be more territorial and aggressively defend what little he does have. Is he in a smaller, confined area a majority of the time?

Be patient with your bun. It can take a while for him to get use to all the changes in his life, and will probably settle down once he's in one place with the same people for a while :)
He's not Aggressive just when I clean his litter box and I don't feel like I can give him enough space , Im thinking that's why .

Latest posts

Back