I think I burnt my esophagus, ouch!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
I was eating some pie and bit off a super hot mouthful, instead of spitting it out I swallowed it quick to not burn my mouth - OUCH! It hurt like heck going down and I ran around thumping my chest going "arrghh uuugggh ooowwwiie!".

Is there anything soothing or healing I could get to help it? It hurts a bit all the time now, and worse if I drink something hot - no coffee for me :(.

I googled but didn't find that much, I saw someone reccomended aloe vera juice, is that safe to drink?

Michelle

Anything that would take the heat out of it, Ice cream, milk.

AndI think youcan get Aloe Vera juice thats good for burns.

Ouchii :?

Hope it feels better soon..

I went to the doc, it was getting so sore :(. He says no food or warm/hot drinks for a few days, apart from cold broth or water. I got to see the inside of my throat and esophagus (hope that's spelt right) on screen when he stuck a camera down there, that was cool! The burnt bits are all swollen and white with angry looking red bits around them.

I've never burnt my esophagus but I did pour fresh-from-the-kettle tea down my chin and got 2nd degree burns!

There is even a video about it! LOL. I looked so stupid. I had this big thing stuck on my chin!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Latest posts

Back