I think Chop's ears give it away...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gezabella09

Reaction score
... and we know he's a lop but we would like to know if he is a bit of a mix or a certain type. We were sold him as a dwarf but to be fair the rate he is growing i think its safe to say he is undwarf like a can be!. Also if anyone would be able to hazard a guess as to his age?

BedChop.jpg

BedChop3.jpg

BedChop2.jpg

MohawkeChop.jpg

A lot of pictures i know but he knows he's a handsome devil and likes to show off!

His face reminds me of a mini lop. Full size is about 6 pounds. They tend to have a longer face than a Holland lop. He also has longer ears like a mini lop. Do you know how much he weighs? I'd venture a guess right now of about maybe three months if he's the size I think he is from the pics.

Cute boy, btw...and love the mohawk you gave him in the last photo. LOL

I forget what a mini-lop is called over in the UK - but I agree with the last poster that your bunny is probably a mini-lop. I don't think he's full grown yet but I can't tell for sure.

I've just tried to sit him on the scales but he is a bit giddy and wont sit still.
He was over a kilo at the vet 2 weeks ago. He is about 13 inches long.

Oh, I didn't realize you were from the UK...that does make a difference in what you'll call his breed. If I'm correct, a Holland lop is a Mini lop in the UK. Like Peg I'm not sure what you call the US version of the mini lop. At around 16 weeks he's definitely not done growing yet. However, a mini lop is smaller than some other breeds of lops. Not as small as a Holland, but certainly not as big as some of the larger lop breeds.

My mini lops are all real sweeties. It's hard to tell if he's a mix by just looking at his features, but I really think he'd pass for a full fledged mini lop in the US.

Thank you both so much. Its nice to know what he is. Even if he was a bit of a mix we still would have loved the pants off him but he can sleep sound in the knowledge he knows where he comes from now.

Yep! Minilop in the US is sort of similar to a dwarf lop in the UK. Should weigh about 4.4. - 5.4lbs (1.93 - 2.381 kgs) at adult weight.

Your bunny looks like an average mixed-breed lop eared bun. He's so cute. Probably mostly dwarf lop.

Back