I take it back

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Bay Poo

Reaction score
Originally I took the stance that Billy was one of those bunnies that doesn’t like to be pet, that he would never change, and that I’d better leave him alone or else he’d get mad at me. Well, after reading a few posts on the forum I decided that I’d go ahead and try to pet him, even if he didn’t like it. I also have an ongoing tendency to pet him when he’s doing something bad, because petting is a punishment for him :) It always worked really well because he’d stop doing whatever he was doing and run away so as not to be pet.

Yesterday I noticed that Billy was NOT running away when I pet him. He was chewing on some magazines and I kept trying to pet him to get him to stop, but he kept on chewing! I think he’s starting to tolerate being pet more :D

I also wanted to share that Chris wasn’t feeling too well yesterday and was lying down in bed when Billy decided to flop down against his leg! Okay, I don’t think Billy will ever be a cuddle bunny, but it was really sweet because Billy’s never done this before. Here’s a picture of him flopped next to Chris:
DSC03016.jpg

And since my digital camera takes better videos than pictures (go figure) here’s a video:

Awwwww He's so cute!

I think he likes Chris!

Please stop using petting to reprimand him! that has to be confusing cause petting feels good. It's like grooming. He'll have all sorts of social anxieties!!! ;)

I clap, say no! or something to that effect.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Please stop using petting to reprimand him! that has to be confusing cause petting feels good. It's like grooming. He'll have all sorts of social anxieties!!! ;)

I clap, say no! or something to that effect.
Oops, I probably should have worded that part a bit differently. I'm a bad bunny parent, in that I NEVER discipline Billy or reprimand him!:? I can't ever bring myself to saying "no" or yelling at him cause he's so darn cute :biggrin2:

When he's doing something bad, like chewing up the carpet, I go over to him and pet him gently. I'll say "Billy, don't chew" in a calm quiet voice and usually this gets his attention focused on me. Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like I was disciplining him and then petting him for it and getting him all confused! :p

With some buns (as with some people ;)), it just takes time... Glad to hear that Billy's coming around!

Latest posts

Back