I spotted an injured rabbit at the pet store today! (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kel4mum wrote:
I don't think I will be going back in there, I can't bare to see all those poor buns in cages all on top of each other. Makes me sad :cry2

Buns enjoy being on top of each other or are you talking about the cages?

I often see my buns resting in a big heap. Maybe it's carryover from the days when they were in the nest. It may be they feel safer surrounded by rabbits. I have one that likes to rest squashed between the cage and the wall.

Baby Juliet wrote:
Kel4mum wrote:
I don't think I will be going back in there, I can't bare to see all those poor buns in cages all on top of each other. Makes me sad :cry2

Buns enjoy being on top of each other or are you talking about the cages?

I often see my buns resting in a big heap. Maybe it's carryover from the days when they were in the nest. It may be they feel safer surrounded by rabbits. I have one that likes to rest squashed between the cage and the wall.
It's one thing when the rabbits have enough space and choose to lay in a heap. It's a totally different thing when they don't have enough space and are forced to lay together. If there are 5-10 rabbits in a small cage they barely have room to move.

TreasuredFriend wrote:
luvthempigs wrote:
TreasuredFriend wrote:
Or from Zin/Goin' Back to Cali's post in '08 about Tractor Supply Company and the ones that go in dumpsters.
What the???? :shock:

For luvthempigs and mardigraskisses: The original thread from Goin'BackToCali - in the first paragraph you'll spot the sentences ... the manager nonchalantly said ...

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=34431&forum_id=1

- I agree wholeheartedly with Pipp's adoption-partnership w/stores. I boycott stores that sell live animals as well. To see flea-market breeders and Seven Mile Fair "cheap disposable give-outs" (here, have a free rabbit) is disturbing to all who care...

Thank you for posting the link. I missed that thread first time around, and hadn't looked it up yet.

I was sure loving that cheap pine litter from TSC, but looks like I'll be going back to paying double somewhere else. The money saved isn't worth supporting a company that treats living creatures like this.

Back