I Seem to have a problem...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonsai

Heidi's Mom
Reaction score
I anticipated getting a Netherland Dwarf again but recently, I found a breeder who produces my dream rabbit - a yellow dutch. Don't even get me started on how much I love yellow Dutch; they're what got me INTO rabbits, what made me stop and say "Wow, that's a beautiful rabbit" and I started reading about the breed.

The problem is said breeder lives 1 hour away on a fast day and I'm not too sure I can trust this breeder. I apparently have to go through his mother to speak to him and I'm not really able to... Discuss matters with him.

On the other hand, the Nethie breeder I found lives 30 minutes away and she seems to know what she's doing. This is a very difficult decision for me... I have not seen yellow Dutch produced in the states before - I assumed I'd never be able to have one - and its driving me insane!

So I appeal to you, the ROers, about your opinions. I love both breeds but I've never had a Dutch before. The Nethie I had was a sweetie pie but I am still afraid I'll wind up with a Holy Terror with Buckteeth. :( Who knows, though!

I would love anyone and everyone's opinions on the matter. Basically, what would YOU do?

I think you should go visit the yellow dutch breeder and see what you think. I know it's an hour drive, but I think if you don't at least go check it out, you will always wonder if it might have worked out.

Thanks!

I think I will check out the breeder. His rabbits seemed nice and healthy in his ad, though had no papers. But I mean... People adopt rabbits in just as shady backgrounds from rescues. I agree that I'll always wonder "what if" about it if I don't. Maybe I can go visit soon so that I know where everything stands.

I'm still not over the shock of actually finding a yellow Dutch in the states!! Every Dutch breeder locally I've looked at only had black/chocolate/blue and maybe a tri here and there and seemed confused when I said I was looking for a yellow.

I had to look up what a Yellow Dutch looks like, and they are beautiful rabbits.

I hope you take a chance and visit with the breeder that is an hour away. As it's been said, you never know they could have the rabbit you've always dreamed of having! The rabbits may not come with papers, but with your devotion to the breed, I believe you'd probably have a good idea if you're getting what you're looking for or not.

I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that whatever route you take, that I'll get to see the new addition to your family!

Have you tried searching on facebook. The only reason why I ask is that I had a lot of trouble finding a flemish giant breeder in my state looking online, through ARBA, etc. I not long ago joined a Flemish group on facebook and have seen several that are in my state

Plus if you could find a group for Dutches someone on there might know of a breeder of yellow dutch

I once drove with the whole family six hours one way to meet a breeder of my dream dog and not even to buy just to check out the breeder and their dogs.So I would say drive the hour.

I agree with going to check out the breeder of the yellow dutch, don't feel obliged to buy simply because you drove all that way, but check them out. They may be worth buying from, and they may not, at least you'll know and not be wondering about it later.

I´ve just looked them up as well, they are such a lovely colour. I agree, go to the breeder just to check them out, you´ve nothing to lose but use social networking sites, there are loads of groups on there and someone may be able to help you find one near to you as well. Good luck with your search.

Latest posts

Back