I saw myself in 60 years

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starina

Reaction score
This happened a week ago, but I haven't been able to log in to tell you guys about it.

I was working at Sears and was talking to a lady about pets, she has a bunch of birds, and we moved to my rabbit. I have photos of her in my wallet soI broke them out. (I know I am a nut) This little old lady walks up to my counter and says, "Are we talking about bunny rabbits?" She then pulled out a photo of an English Spot, who looked like he had a mustache! The bird lady was finishing up and she went on her way. The bunny lady spoke with an English accent, and was very nice. Her rabbit's name is Robert (pronounced Row-Bear) and he is 4 years old. She had to rehome him due to a terrible fall that resulted in her arm being badly injured. She liked talking about him and their times together.

She used to sing to him, he would love to listen to music. She said his favorite song was "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." He was a free roaming bunny and had full run of the house. She said that he was there to comfort her when her husband passed away, and she still misses him, but not so badly anymore. She told me that she was 84.

She was an awesome lady, and I told my co workers, that I would probabaly be that lady in about 60 years. Still singing to bunnies, and carrying their photos around.

~Star~

pla725 wrote:
That is just so cool. I'll probably be that lady too in another 40 years.
Me, too.

Wow, I wonder how many rabbits I will have had by that time.

:ponder:

That should give me time to have every breed and color I've ever wanted.

Who am I kidding? My conscience will only allow me to take in rescues now, so who knows what I'll end up with. I'm sure I will love them all though. I need to keep taking pics, so I'll remember them all when I'm 80!

Back