I rescued my rabbits from my burning townhouse...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How terrifying! I'm so glad everybody is ok. That would have been so frightening and you are a very brave person. I hope you can quickly fix your place up.

Oh, that is so scary! That's my #1 fear with my bunnies, that the house will catch on fire and they'll all die. I used to have recurring nightmares when I had Cinnabun, and it was always him dying in a fire. You did such a good job saving them all! I can't imagine how scared you were. I'm so glad you and all the pets are okay.

Wow. How amazing are you!

I'm so glad that you and your buns are ok. How is Spank doing now?

OMG that's so scary! Were any of them IN your roomies room? You have to be careful opening a door like that cause of backdraft, but I understand why you did it!

Your roomie is an idiot. (sorry but sheesh!) WHY would you have a lamp on your bed anyhow?

Thank Goodness you came home and that no one was hurt.

:shock::shock:

Well done you! I am so happy for you - that you and all your pets are safely alive! You are such a hero!!
I don't really know what else to say because its all been said lol! But I'm scared of fire - so OMG you really are the best!!!

I think you should be the RO Star today :p

my heart was in my throat reading this post, thank god you are all ok.

My uncle is a FIreman and he would have blasted you for doing that, but i would have probably have done the same thing. Again I am SSSSOOOOOOOOOO Happy that everyone is alive and that all the buns are alive too.

I often wonder what i would do if something like that was to happen and how the heck i would get everyone out, the cats, the dogs , the buns, the piggies, the bearded dragon. It is so scary

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
my heart was in my throat reading this post, thank god you are all ok.

My uncle is a FIreman and he would have blasted you for doing that, but i would have probably have done the same thing. Again I am SSSSOOOOOOOOOO Happy that everyone is alive and that all the buns are alive too.

I often wonder what i would do if something like that was to happen and how the heck i would get everyone out, the cats, the dogs , the buns, the piggies, the bearded dragon. It is so scary

Exactly what I was thinking..... even about the uncle! 2 of mine are retired firemen! and many friends.

The only thing I would have to change on your post would be the piggies and bearded dragon.....

I keep thinking to myself "OMG that poor thing! how awful to have to try to get the bunnies and everything!"

Oh wow, thank the Lord you and the bunnies are all ok! I would agree that it would be good to have them checked out for smoke inhalation and such, just in case. I have worried about soemthing like that happening here too, I have my three kids, seven cats, three dogs and four rabbits-and that's just in the house! If the barn caught on fire.... I don't know. You did so great, getting all your babies out! I'm so glad no one got hurt!

Oh I was blasted by the firemen alright =P

As I am coughing up soot..

Firemen "You made HOW MANY trips just to save your pets"
I also heard how I could've died, I could always get new ones.. etc.

They are all ok, I had them looked at and everyone is ok! There were no animals in my roommates' room...

The house is livable, it just smells like smoke and we got most of the soot off the walls in the hallway. My roommate is buying a carpet steamer cleaner thing to clean off the soot on the carpet. And then we're going to work on his poor room. He's going to hire a professional cleaner for anything we can't get out. The entire downstairs and my room are perfectly fine.

Oh and I agree, he's an idiot. Who leaves a lamp on a bed.

I'm glad everyone is looking ok today!

Much better to face angry firemen as well rather than face losing your bunnies :( I completely understand why you did it and I can only hope that I would be able to, and be brave enough to do the same if it ever happened to us (which I hope with all my heart it wont).

Question- you said you put the bunnies in duffle bags- do you keep them on hand for emergencies, or did they just happen to be lying around? My biggest worry (apart from getting them out) is what I'd do with them. I could just about fit them into carriers, but I worry about where they'd get taken to, and what they'd stay in....

I also agree that you should be in the papers as a hero!

What a dramatic story! Glad all are ok. BTW your insurance should provide cleaning and construction services for your house. Smoke permeates everything and is extremely hard to get rid of. Professionals will have the proper equipment to do the cleaning. My aunt had a fire in her townhouse and after repair of the damaged areas the contractor used gigantic ozone generators for two weeks before all the smoke odor was vanquished. You're taking on quite a project on your own.

Nelson

Thank goodness you and your bunnies are OK - glad to hear even Spank was binkying :).

Not only do I think you were very brave, but also amazing for keeping such a level head, and being able to find all your babies - not an easy thing to do!

Jan

OMG! That's terrifying! Thank goodness you're all okay!

You are amazing! I'm so glad everything turned out alright! That was really brave of you! Lucky you made it in time!

:hug2:

Latest posts

Back