i really need help of some experts!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfboy

Reaction score
Hi i recently got a female rabbit that i was told a "english thing" i was just wondering if some one could really help me and tell me if she is an english because if she is i shall breed her with another english male but if not i didn't want to cross-breed. i would be really gratefull if someone could def tell me what breed she is, if she's crossed and any other infomation about her. she has black eyes nose and ears and has a solid black stripe down her white body she also has some black dots joining together to fom a line below her black stripe on each side of her.

Many thanks

(me).

What country are you from? (Breedsvary by country). Your description sounds like that of the English Spot, but many breeds have that same spotting pattern.

How much does your rabbit weigh? Do you have any photos.

Pam

Hi,

It sounds like you are farily new to rabbits and if so, why are you wanting to breed them so quick? Maybe you would like to get to know about your bunny & her breed etc before jumping in to the breeding aspect of it? I'm just asking a question so please don't read into it and take any offence.

Most breeders have alot of experience behind them before they started - it's a slippery slope and you might get in above your head before you know it?

Hi Dwarfboy. Welcome to the forum. Can you send us a picture of your rabbit? I think that would help a lot.

I would like to point out that I have several rabbits that sound like that. One is a broken lionhead. One is a broken holland lop. One is a broken NZ/Lop mix. Do you see a pattern in the names? (hint: BROKEN).

Without a picture, it is hard to tell you what you have.

But I want to say - and I'm saying this AS a breeder - I am very very concerned about your desire to breed. Have you really done any research into this?

I researched for a couple of months before I ever started breeding. I learned about stuck kits...I learned about potential problems that could arise. I studied my area to see if I would be creating too many rabbits (I was the only lionhead breeder for at least 150 in any direction - I am now mentoring two other people in my local area who want to do some limited breeding). Will you have the meds on hand - orthe funds to take a doe to the doctor if she has problems birthing?(For instance - give Tums before she is due for 2-3 days so she doesn't have a problem with calcium deficiency and die).

While you will find this forum is very helpful to breeders and as breeders - we love to help folks....we want people to be responsible breeders. I can see you're making a start in that direction by not wanting to cross-breed - and I really commend you for that!:cool:

However, I think we really need to see a photo of your rabbit to tell you what she is - and also to know what country you're in as that does make a difference in the name of the breed.

Peg

Latest posts

Back