I need your experiences with Mites and bunnies!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

**SRonchi1

Shaan Ronchi
Reaction score
My Coco has mites- she was Mis diagnosed a few months back and last month was put on revolution- the first treatment worked great then needed to retreat for a second, that was ok but not as good and now currently on her 3rd treatment & I still see dandruff and can groom abit of hair out that has dandruff at the end- her hair on her ears is also not growing back as fast as it started on her first treatment.

She had a lowered immune system as she was put on antibiotics for an itchy ear- which now finding out it would have been mites- after antibiotics everything flared up 200% as well as making her loose a little weight & stripping her immune system so the mites could take over as well as affecting her poop and making her uncomfortable!!

I've chucked out everything in the bunny play world and refurbished it with new carpet, beds, toys etc and vacuumed, dusted & sprayed the area as well as treated my other 6 bunnies + went back to my private hay supplier instead of the farm but it doesn't seem to be clearing up as quickly as I feel it should do!

So what to do???

Has a vet seen her? There are several different types of mites, though fur mites are the most common. We've used Ivomec 1% liquid for fur mites. Even though it's an injectible you can give it orally, which is what we did. You need to figure the dosage accurately though, so check with your vet, and if your rabbit is dutch or rew then you shouldn't use it.

Has a vet seen her? There are several different types of mites, though fur mites are the most common. We've used Ivomec 1% liquid for fur mites. Even though it's an injectible you can give it orally, which is what we did. You need to figure the dosage accurately though, so check with your vet, and if your rabbit is dutch or rew then you shouldn't use it.

My bad, I meant BEW, not REW.

Latest posts

Back