I need to pinch myself ...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's absolutely amazing how they know they are doing or did something bad!

Take Spice for example. I was sitting at the fence between their 2runs, on Spices side to boot this morning and he started chewing thewire fecing which I don't want to do because of potential teethproblems, so I squirted him with the water bottle. I've never squirtedhim with it for bad behavior before so he kind of spun around andturned his butt to the fence and gave me a shocked look (lol, it was sofunny) and then, I swear he was testing me. He slowly turned parallelto the fence and then a bit more with his head towards it, butvery slowly. He kept one eye looking at me at all times and oneear cocked towards where I was and started chewing on the fence slowly.Well quicker than light I squirted him and he took off, but I swear hewas testing to see if he could get away with it or see if he wasgetting squirted for chewing on the fence.

And then take Mocha, I had the water bottle beside me but out ofMocha's sight, he opened his mouth to start chewing on the fence, andstarted chewing a bit, all it took was for me to pull the water bottleout for him to stop and turn away. I've never squirted him for bitingme yet, but even if I put my hand right under his nose and don't pethim, he wont bite me if he sees that water bottle. He knows what itmeans but it's amazing how quick he learns that the biting action isn'tallowed on my skin or the fence without me ever squirting him forbiting me. He used to bite the second my hand got near and I didn'tstart petting him right away.

Oh the wonders of water!

That's interestingto hear. Last week Sebastian nipped us a few times for twodays. It was a day that we hadn't spent as much time with himas usual so I chalked it up to "tantrums". Even so, I wasn'tgoing to let it get started so I dug a water gun out of the toybox andfired away the next time he nipped. It worked for the catyears ago! It only happened a time or two that evening and there hasn'treally been a problem since. Like you said, "the wonders ofwater!"

Wow, it's fun stories.

I think Manny may be a little thick-headed for water doesn't work wonders with her. ;)

I used squirt guna number of times when she was chewing badthings. She sure hates it very much, but it seems that she doesn't yetknow where water is coming from. She wouldbe startledandlook around in all direction. Shethen returns towhat she was doingbut more carefully. When there isfurther shower, she usually runs away from area. But she doesn't quiteeasily. She's yet to associate water bottle with her acts, Ithink.

Back